Tracking Communion

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

christdryville

Tracking Communion

Post by christdryville »

Hi
New to PowerChurch, new to being a church secretary. I'm wondering if anyone else is tracking communion in PC8, I'm looking and I guess you would do it under attendance but then when I go to the reports I don't see how to get out what I need to know which is Who has NOT communed. Any help or suggestions would make my day :D

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

You should be able to do this under attendance. You'd have to create a communion activity, and assign everyone who participates to this. Then, you would record attendance as usual, making sure to note absentees as well as those present. That would make the absentee reports work, and you could get the information you need from those.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

tlruss

re: Tracking Communion

Post by tlruss »

I track communion at the same time as regular attendance (we don't offer communion at every service). There are 4 options for attendance: P (present) - A (absent) - E (excused) - N (N/A), and for me you're either here or you're not. I use "E" (for eucharist) to indicate communion was taken on that date.

Reporting on that is another issue... :|

Melody Rath
Pilgrim Lutheran Church
Puyallup, WA