Household Key

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

hccdan

Household Key

Post by hccdan »

I am currently entering our existing database manually into Powerchurch. My question relates to the First Name field of the household key fields. The manual suggests entering the first name of the "head of the household".

I was considering entering both the first names of the husband and wife in this field. Will I run into problems down the road? Is there any detriment to doing it this way?

Instead of

Last Name: Doe First: John

I was thinking of entering:

Last Name: Doe First: John & Susan

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

There should be no problem with that. You'll still be entering a personal profile for each of them anyway, so it wouldn't matter one way or the other.

Actually, the only problem you may run into is if you have two people with really long names. There may not be room in the field. That's usually not an issue.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

Right below there you should see mailing name, that might be a better place to enter John and Jane, but like above, either way should be fine.

In just starting, you might want to enter a handful (10 or so) and then try and run reports and print mailing labels to make sure you are setting it up the way you want it to appear.