Personal Profile Reports and Stats do not agree

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pwlong

Personal Profile Reports and Stats do not agree

Post by pwlong »

We ran a 'Profiles Count by Status Code' report and got the number of individuals in each category (member, adherent, non resident, child, etc). When we ran any of the reports themselves for a particular category, some of the numbers did not agree with the Count report. For example, the Count report said that we had 425 Adherents, but when we ran the 'Selected Names.. ' or 'Selected Profiles ...' reports, they showed only 413 adherents. We did the selection based on Personal Status only, with all other selection criteria set to 'all'. We have reindexed the files. I have reason to believe that the Count Report is correct, as I have looked at the data base tables with both MS Access and Foxpro. I can identify the missing records, but cannot see any pattern that differentiates them from the records that are reported. We are on PC 9.0 at the 12/07/06 release

Thanks for any suggestions
Peter W Long

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Check the include in membership module reports option on their family. If that is unchecked the person would appear in totals reports, but their individual record would not appear on detail reports.

I'm going to write this up for us to look at to see if they should still be included in the totals.

pwlong

Post by pwlong »

Give the man a gold star. That is exactly what it was. I had a strong feeling that it was something like that, but didn't remember this one. Many thanks.

I can see arguments on both sides of the totals in the count report. It does state that it is a count purely of totals of members, etc., but it is very confusing when you try to tie it to the detailed lists (as we have to do to report our numbers to the wider church). Would there be great difficulty in including both totals on the Profile County by Status report, or making it an option on report setup?
Peter W Long

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

We have been looking at this for the last hour. Here is what we have decided to do. We are going to change the report to show three columns of numbers. The first column will show the total for that status code, the second will show the total for the status code that is included in mailings (mailing labels can be printed for them) and the third column will show the number for that status code that can be included on reports.

We are also going to change the Mailing List Count report in Family Mailing List to work the same way.

This change will be made in version 10, there is not really plans to make this change in version 9 at this point. The program has been behaving this way for a number of versions.

pwlong

Post by pwlong »

I think your solution is a good one, as there are times when all the numbers are useful, and this is probably easier than trying to document what appears to be a discrepancy. Too bad you will not be putting it in V9, but this gives me another reason to get the church to spend its hard earned funds on an upgrade. Thx
Peter W Long

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Jeff wrote:We have been looking at this for the last hour. Here is what we have decided to do. We are going to change the report to show three columns of numbers. The first column will show the total for that status code, the second will show the total for the status code that is included in mailings (mailing labels can be printed for them) and the third column will show the number for that status code that can be included on reports.
Beauty !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.