Add New Family - Mail Preferences

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CorinthBC

Add New Family - Mail Preferences

Post by CorinthBC »

When I add a new family, on the second screen, the Mailing Name field is pre-filled with "Mr. And Mrs. FIRSTNAME LASTNAME And Family."

Is there any place I can change what it pre-fills or simply tell it to leave that field blank?

Even if I enter a single individual on the first screen, the software currently assumes that person is married and has a family.

NeilZ

Re: Add New Family - Mail Preferences

Post by NeilZ »

CorinthBC wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:18 pm
When I add a new family, on the second screen, the Mailing Name field is pre-filled with "Mr. And Mrs. FIRSTNAME LASTNAME And Family."

Is there any place I can change what it pre-fills or simply tell it to leave that field blank?

Even if I enter a single individual on the first screen, the software currently assumes that person is married and has a family.
You can adjust this under FIle -> Preferences -> Family Mailing List Setup select the Adding New Families tab, and you can remove the 'default' family title by just clearing the box, and uncheck the 'include 'add Family' in a mailing name option.

I'm not sure if adding the Mr & Mrs is a default, I don't seem to remember that it was, so someone must have added that preference a while ago.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CorinthBC

Re: Add New Family - Mail Preferences

Post by CorinthBC »

Thanks!