Give wife her own envelope number

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

JaniceC

Give wife her own envelope number

Post by JaniceC »

My church is new to PowerChurch. We have version 14. Trying to get the membership set up correctly. Have added a husband and wife and they have the same envelope number. But the wife has her own checking account and tithes from her own personal account. I want to give her a different envelope number and let the husband retain the existing envelope number. I have read p. 132 Reassigning an Envelope Number, but how do I select the individual I want to modify? Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Re: Give wife her own envelope number

Post by NeilZ »

JaniceC wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:50 pm
My church is new to PowerChurch. We have version 14. Trying to get the membership set up correctly. Have added a husband and wife and they have the same envelope number. But the wife has her own checking account and tithes from her own personal account. I want to give her a different envelope number and let the husband retain the existing envelope number. I have read p. 132 Reassigning an Envelope Number, but how do I select the individual I want to modify? Thanks for your help.
its very easy to change the envelope number, however, I would check with the couple first as I've had a few couples that did have two separate checking accounts, but they file taxes as married, and not file separately, and they wanted all contributions recorded on the same Contributions statement.

In this case you're not 'reassigning' the envelope number, as you really can't do that since the husband will be using the existing number.

To give the spouse a new envelope, just change the number listed on the spouse's Personal Profile, to a new, unused envelope number. So if both currently have 134 as the number, and the next unused number is 210, just go into the wife's personal profile, change the 134 listed to 210, then save the changes.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

JaniceC

Re: Give wife her own envelope number

Post by JaniceC »

Thank you Neil. I will check with the couple to see how they want their Contributions statement to appear.