Using Preferred Name

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jeffkoke

Using Preferred Name

Post by jeffkoke »

I have noticed that when I set an individual's name to the preferred (name) setting, it does not show up in the some of the reports. For instance, when running a report on activities, the person's full/given name is displayed. I have gone back and verified that "preferred" is selected.

The same is true for church directory, attendance and when exporting to a phone dialer file.

Am I doing something wrong...or is it an undocumented feature? :0)

AdvanceThanks,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

We need more information.

What version of PowerChurch?
Whats your program date (help-->about Powerchurch+-->system information)?

For further assistance feel free to call our technical support office at (800)486-1800

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

We are running PCPlus v8.5.

I am not in front of the system at this time to get the additional info, but can provide later.

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

Zoe
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zoe »

Jeff,

At present, some of the reports in PowerChurch are designed to use the Given name regardless of the options chosen in the Personal Profiles. For example the Pictorial Directory under the Family Mailing List as well as the Phone Dialer export will always use the Given name. Although, in the Church Directory listed under Personal Profiles, you have the option of using the Current Name Format, Given Name, Preferred Name, or Full Name. If this Church Directory is always showing you the Given Name regardless of the option you are choosing, give us a call to further assist you. If you would like to suggest that the option be included on more or all reports, send an email to wishlist@powerchurch.com.

Thank you,
Zoe

For further assistance, please feel free to call our technical support office at (800) 486-1800.