Picture Directory & Acrobat

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dwagenkn

Picture Directory & Acrobat

Post by dwagenkn »

I would like to make a pdf file from the Family Picture Directory. I am using Version 8 and each time that I try to make the file with Acrobat Distiller I get the following messages: printing mapmpd.frx invalid path or file name.

Program is networked on Windows XP Professional computer.

Acrobat 5.5

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Print to PDF

Post by Zaphod »

Does the report print on a regular paper-and-ink printer? Are you generating the report to the screen, then printing, or are you sending directly to printer (in this case, Acrobat Distiller)?

If printing on paper is working, I would say that it's probably something in your Acrobat setup. You might want to try the PDF Writer instead of the Distiller (in my experience, they are separate, your mileage may vary).

If you can't print at all, and you can't generate the report to the screen, then you may need to reinstall PowerChurch Plus. This process shouldn't affect your data files, but it's never a bad idea to make a backup first.

If neither of these things work, give us a call.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

Unfortunatly I am not able to reproduce the problem. I have tried with Windows XP pro and Windows ME, and Acrobat 5 and Acrobat 6 Professional, and in both cases I was able to get the PDF file created.

I believe the file that you have referenced is a temp file that is created on the fly when formatting the data. That said it could be a temp directory problem on your computer. Make sure you have a temp directory and then your user account in XP as access to it, contact your system admin for help on that.

Beyond that, this may require a call to our technical support department at (800)486-1800 for further help.