Weird occasional error

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Weird occasional error

Post by NeilZ »

When I'm in Integrated Entry, I'll be on the family member tab looking at the list of household members. Then I'll use the location button to find another family. The Household Key appears properly, but the family members OCCASIONALLY remain the as the same ones I was looking at previously.

EG:

First family - Tom Jones - household members Tom, Mary and Scott Jones

Locate the Jack Smith family - Household key: Smith, Jack
Household members: Tom, Mary and Scott Jones.

In order to get the right family, I have to click the NEXT then PREVIOUS buttons pull up the family members. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to be worrisome that someone may not notice the last name and start doing changes to the family members.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Neil,

I've noticed something similar when updating profiles within a family. I'd guess that it is a display refresh issue.

There are times when I update a personal profile within a family unit and after saving it, the profile is suddenly "missing" from the unit. However, if I do a previous/next on the family unit, the "missing" profile reappears with the new data I've just changed/added.

As an example, this happens when I change a person's status from attender to member. The profile goes "missing" after pressing the SAVE button. When I force a refresh by pressing the previous/next buttons, it is redisplayed.

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Yep ... problem is .... it didn't happen with v8.5 . In the mean time, I found another one of those number entry blocks that prefill with a zero, and that does not get overwritten when you enter data.

In the "Reassign an envelope number' function, the envelope number blocks keep that prefilled zero. Minor bug ...
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Interesting.

This was happening for me in v8.5 and v8.0 to the best of my recollection.

Zaphod, any ideas on this?

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jeffkoke wrote:Interesting.

This was happening for me in v8.5 and v8.0 to the best of my recollection.

Zaphod, any ideas on this?

Jeff
Weird .. I saw it in v8.0, but not in 8.5 !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Neil, I’m not able to reproduce this behavior here. (Profile names not reloaded)
Jeff, I’m seeing this behavior. (Profile status not updated)

I believe some changes to the code can be done to correct the behavior Jeff described; which will, most likely, correct the behavior Neil is describing.

This will need some time to update and verify, please be patient. I’ve put it on the list.
Tracy

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Tracy wrote:Neil, I’m not able to reproduce this behavior here. (Profile names not reloaded)
Jeff, I’m seeing this behavior. (Profile status not updated)

I believe some changes to the code can be done to correct the behavior Jeff described; which will, most likely, correct the behavior Neil is describing.

This will need some time to update and verify, please be patient. I’ve put it on the list.
Thanks Tracy !
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.