Custom Reports for Skills & Activities

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BobWhite

Custom Reports for Skills & Activities

Post by BobWhite »

I'm trying to get a list of people that are part listed as part of two activities/skills; not a list of people that are part of one or the other, but both. I thought I could do this through custom reports by using the "and" statement and giving two skill numbers like "skill number=100" "and" "Skill number=900." It works in the "or" statement, but doesn't work for the "and" statement. I have looked at a personal profile and at least one person has these two skill numbers listed as part of their profile, but the query brings back that there are "no records" that fit this filter. Any database should do this ... HELP ... what am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks, Bob. :D

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Custom Reports for Skills & Activities

Post by Zorak »

Right... The AND connector would return 0 results, because no record will be both activities. You will have one record for each activity that a person is in.

Use the OR connector, then in the output fields, group first by name then count the activity number or description.

In the report body itself, you will get the person's name, then a count of either 1 or 2. The 2 people are the ones in both activities. If you wanted to, you could define a "Print When" on each of the fields in the report of cnt_skill_no=2 (or whatever field you put the count on).

That's probably all too much to explain in a forum post. Hopefully it gets you started.

BobWhite

Post by BobWhite »

Thanks ... that should help me get what I want ... I'll give it a try. Also, is there anyway to get attendance for an activity by department? Specifically, we keep our worship attendance each Sunday for our 8:30 service, but then I'd like to give each of my ministry leaders (each heading up a department) a list of only the folks in their department that were present or absent in the worship service activity. Thanks.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The department and type fields are assigned to each activity, not the person. Only roles are person-specific.

BobWhite

Post by BobWhite »

Thanks for your help.