Bulk Email Error v. 11

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

calvarymo

Bulk Email Error v. 11

Post by calvarymo »

The last few months I have been having an email error message come up. It is not every time. Sometimes if I close the program and reopen it then it doesn't happen again. Other times I just have to close the email and retype it. Every once in awhile nothing will work and I'll have to send it through Outlook instead of Power Church.

The error is:
"A connection to the email server could not be made an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." It happens after hitting start sending and usually only takes about 10-30 seconds to pop up.

NeilZ

Re: Bulk Email Error v. 11

Post by NeilZ »

Do any of the emails get sent, or does the system just not accept the connection ??

BTW .. who is your ISP and did you get an error when testing the email connection setup in Powerchurch ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

calvarymo

Post by calvarymo »

It won't even start sending. This is a new phenomenon in the last few weeks. We set everything up in February and I hadn't been having problems with it until recently. We're with At&t for our DSL.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

calvarymo wrote:It won't even start sending. This is a new phenomenon in the last few weeks. We set everything up in February and I hadn't been having problems with it until recently. We're with At&t for our DSL.
I would do a Connection Test and see what error you get. Then check with AT&T and see if they have done anything like change the SMTP port number. The way it sounds, the program is not able to log on or find the server.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.