Attendance Register Form - Name Only with Bar Codes

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wh7262

Attendance Register Form - Name Only with Bar Codes

Post by wh7262 »

I am running PCP8.5 in XP. When using the Attendance Register Form - Name Only and with Bar Codes there is a lot of empty space on the printed report that could be utilized.

Is there a way that one could have a check off list showing each Sunday's dates for about 2 to 3 months at a time, like shown in the Weekly Column Format?

This would save on paper being printed each Sunday morning for that day's attendance check off list.

I have being playing around in Excel and can have made a sample layout having boxes with lines & the weekly dates at the bottom. I have been able to get anywhere from 12 to 14 weekly dates.

I then print the Sunday School Attendance Register Form - Name Only with Bar Codes form, then adjust the Excel file to fit the blank space that is available for that particular class, put the form back into the printer and print the Excel file over it. It works to some degree, but is very time consuming.

Any suggestions would be of great help.
Thanks
Bill
New Hopewell Baptist Chuch
Gilmer, TX 75645
http://www.churchseek.net/church/newhopewell/index.htm

Zoe
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zoe »

Bill,

Unfortunately, you are only able to choose one date for the Attendance Register Form report. There is not an option for a range of dates. I'll send this as a request to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Please feel free to send this any other suggestions you may have to the same address.

Thank You,
PowerChurch Technical Support

gwbowers

Ditto. Barcode on attendance register/weekly format needed.

Post by gwbowers »

Obviously, folks are trying to save paper AND get the barcode attendance information entered quickly as well.

Is there a way to get barcode information on the weekly report? Custom mod, or available if we have crystal reports?

How about that option in Version 9?

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Bar codes wouldn't be available to you in the custom reports section because the numbers used are derived from fields you don't have direct access to. It's feasible that you could do something like that externally using Crystal, but you'd really have to know what you're doing, and I'm afraid we wouldn't be much help with that if you got stuck.

This suggestion has been passed on to Program Development. They consider all the suggestions passed to wishlist@powerchurch.com.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

gwbowers

So Barcodes on the weekly report? in Version 9?

Post by gwbowers »

OK. So it gets deep quick if I try to do it on my own.

Why is barcode not available on weekly attendance report now? It is SUCH a great feature. Will it be available in Version 9?

(There is certainly evidence of people jumping through hoops to get an equivalent function... Any help forthcoming? )

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

It's not in the testing build I currently have. However, I just took this idea (add barcode to weekly attendance format) to Program Development, and they are looking into it, so it is possible that it may make it into version 9. They said it definitely won't be in a maintenance release for 8.5.
(800) 486-1800

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Since we're talking about barcodes, I have a problem printing the barcodes from computers with Win98SE installed. There's no problem when printing from WinXP machines, I suspect a font issue, but everything I tried (replacing/updating the fonts) didn't work.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Does the report print a number instead of a barcode, Neil? If so, you're right about the font issue. That's almost certainly what it is. Normally, the process of running netsetup.exe will install the necessary files. Only in rare cases should you have to reinstall from CD.
(800) 486-1800

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zaphod wrote:Does the report print a number instead of a barcode, Neil? If so, you're right about the font issue. That's almost certainly what it is. Normally, the process of running netsetup.exe will install the necessary files. Only in rare cases should you have to reinstall from CD.
It doesn't print anything in the barcode area at all from the Win98SE machines , we just get a list without the codes. Obviously we work around this by printing from a WinXP machine, but it is a pain for the person who has to go to a different office to run them.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

NeilZ,

You might need a maintenance release. There was an issue a while back where we adjusted the area for the barcode because some printers were dropping the barcode. We increased the area for the barcode and it seems to have fixed the problem. You can download a MR from http://www.powerchurch.com/mr.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Jeff wrote:NeilZ,

You might need a maintenance release. There was an issue a while back where we adjusted the area for the barcode because some printers were dropping the barcode. We increased the area for the barcode and it seems to have fixed the problem. You can download a MR from http://www.powerchurch.com/mr.
I installed the latest 8.5 maintenance release at church, but have not tried to run a report. I'll do so and get back to let you know how it goes.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

NeilZ wrote:
Jeff wrote:NeilZ,

I installed the latest 8.5 maintenance release at church, but have not tried to run a report. I'll do so and get back to let you know how it goes.
Ran NETSETUP again on one of the Win98 machines and tried to print with barcodes. Didn't work ... should I be looking for a specific font package being added to the machine ??

Thanks,
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Do the barcodes appear when you run the report to the screen? The font it is using is BC UPC Narrow. Can you use this report in Word a does it print from that application?

Some printer drivers will take a little more room to print some fonts than others. The printer driver for the WIN98 machine may be doing doing this and making the font bigger than the area we allowed on the report. If this happens sometime it disappears all together.

If it does print from Word then I will submit it as a problem and we will see if we can make that field a little bigger still.

Jeff

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Jeff wrote:Do the barcodes appear when you run the report to the screen? The font it is using is BC UPC Narrow. Can you use this report in Word a does it print from that application?

Some printer drivers will take a little more room to print some fonts than others. The printer driver for the WIN98 machine may be doing doing this and making the font bigger than the area we allowed on the report. If this happens sometime it disappears all together.

If it does print from Word then I will submit it as a problem and we will see if we can make that field a little bigger still.

Jeff
It does show up on the screen, I'll see iwhat happens when I export to Word.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

NeilZ wrote:
It does show up on the screen, I'll see iwhat happens when I export to Word.
I think he is saying open word, type something, and then change the font of whats typed to the BC UPC Narrow font and then print from word, no need to export to word.