Alternate address for a single family member

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PC

Alternate address for a single family member

Post by PC »

Is there anyway to use an alternate address for a single family member?

I am thinking about several of my members who are temporarily in rehab facilities.

Now we are creating a new entry in the family mailing list for them, but there has got to be a better way to do this.
Peace,
Pastor Craig

Zephyr
Tech Support
Tech Support

RE: Alternate address for a single family member

Post by Zephyr »

Pastor Craig,

Although it is possible to have an alternate address for a family, it is not possible to have an alternate address for just one person in the family without creating a new family record.

The alternate address is generally used for families that live part of the year at one address and part of the year at another.

PowerChurch Software Technical Support

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Alternate Address

Post by Zaphod »

Unfortunately, the way you're handling it is the correct way. PowerChurch assigns the address to the family since that information is generally common for all members of the family. You can have an alternate address for a Family, but not for an individual. If an individual has a different address, they are in a different Mailing List entry.

We sometimes see this as an issue for college students or other transient individuals, and I know that Program Development has been discussing the possibility of a "super-family" that could group together different mailing lists into a family group. This may be a feature in a future release.
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

PC

Post by PC »

Is there any EASY way to create this new family mailing list entry so you don't have to retype a bunch of information? I know you can move an individual profile.
Peace,
Pastor Craig

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Easy? Not really. The only thing I can think to do other than just create a new Family Mailing List entry would be to export that particular family, then re-import it. It will create a duplicate Family Mailing List record.

If you have several families you need to handle this way, you could tag them, and export the tagged families, then import the file you create. That would be quicker if you have more than one or two to set up. Otherwise, I'd just enter each of them.

**by the way, this would ONLY work in Family Mailing List. None of the other modules have an import feature.
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/