Deceased Members on Birthday/Anniversary Report

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Central Office

Deceased Members on Birthday/Anniversary Report

Post by Central Office »

Members whose personal status in personal profiles is "deceased" are on the birthday/anniversary report. How can this be fixed?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Deceased Members on Birthday/Anniversary Report

Post by Zorak »

When running that report, click the ALL button next to Personal Status and uncheck anyone that you don't want to be included (deceased, visitors, etc.)

RevWJones

Post by RevWJones »

I have a similar concern. I have configured my Today screen to show birthdays and anniversaries each time PC v11.5 opens. One of the things that is so annoying is to see the birthday of our deceased. We print every person's birthday in our monthly bulletins but we exclude the deceased and in-active ones from our reports. But I used the Today screens to know who to make a call to today. I have gone so far as to uncheck the "Include in Membership Module Reports" on the Family "Profile" but this doesn't work for the Today screen. :x Also I am cautious about this because it only works if no one else in that family are actively involved in our church.

Please, is there any way to prevent the deceased birthdays from showing on the Today screen without removing the birthday? I know I could type them into the Notes section and maintain that information but I would prefer to accomplish this systemically?

Thanks
Wardell

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I played around with this in the Today screen for a bit and though I could not reproduce the problem Wardell has I did have problems with it. In my case if I de-select Deceased not only did the deceased not show up but all the names that have <none> in Personal Status did not show up either. If I clear all selections and only select <none> none of the <none> are listed. I could not get them to list until I selected Deceased. This is in the birthday list. Looks like a bug to me but maybe I am missing something.
Tom

RevWJones

Post by RevWJones »

Tom, thanks for your response. I probably should have started a new topic. I am referring to the Today Screen only; not the reports. There's gotta be an option to remove the deceased from ALL lists if desired. I'll check the documentation. Again, thanks.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Sorry we didn't get this post updated. We have tested this and were able to recreate the problem you are having with the <NONE> selections. It has been written up as a bug and will be fixed in a Maintenance Release.

rosewoodcotn

Post by rosewoodcotn »

I figured I'm not the only one with this issue so I checked the forum and found this post from years ago. I guess it was never corrected in the system? There are people whose personal status is set to deceased now and their birthday still shows up in the PowerChurch Today screen upon start up.

I guess it's good if our staff want to phone or write a card to the families showing that we remember and care? But is there an option to turn them off from the Today screen?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There were two updates in the next Maintenance Release (12/18/2012 - Version 11.5 / 12/26/2012 - Version 11) to fix the two issues reported in this thread.

To remove "Deceased" or any other Personal Status codes from the Today window, go to File > Preferences > User Setup Options. Click on the Today tab. Click on Birthdays in the list, then uncheck any of the Personal Status codes you don't want to be included. Do the same for Anniversaries, if that is also an issue.

rosewoodcotn

Post by rosewoodcotn »

Zorak wrote:There were two updates in the next Maintenance Release (12/18/2012 - Version 11.5 / 12/26/2012 - Version 11) to fix the two issues reported in this thread.

To remove "Deceased" or any other Personal Status codes from the Today window, go to File > Preferences > User Setup Options. Click on the Today tab. Click on Birthdays in the list, then uncheck any of the Personal Status codes you don't want to be included. Do the same for Anniversaries, if that is also an issue.

Thank you!