report of parents with children

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ucod

report of parents with children

Post by ucod »

HOw do I run a report for families with children? There appears to be no separate criteria for children.

NeilZ

Re: report of parents with children

Post by NeilZ »

ucod wrote:HOw do I run a report for families with children? There appears to be no separate criteria for children.

I'm assuming that you want to list all families with children with addresses, phones, names, etc. You do need to create a custom report for this.

I just happened to ask Jeff about a report something like this in 2005, and he helped me setup the report which worked well. This thread covered the report setup:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1045

While the criteria about dates won't help you, you can use the rest of the setup to be able to pull the data you need.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaina
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zaina »

Do you have a way in your data that you are tracking who is a child and who isn't? For example, the personal status code on a child would indicate this is a child?

ucod

Post by ucod »

We didn't give a personal status code to children, but marked "N" in the ""Adult" field. Can we filter by this criterion?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ucod wrote:We didn't give a personal status code to children, but marked "N" in the ""Adult" field. Can we filter by this criterion?
Sure can .. I would however, make sure that all children have directory numbers of 3 or higher.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaina
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zaina »

I was thinking that if you had them marked in their personal status, you could use the Family Grouped report under Reports Personal Profiles. This would eliminate the need for a custom report. But there isn't an option to run it for Adult N on that report. This report would give you the parents names as well as the children. Otherwise you could get the children's names and addresses but not the parents on other reports.

It does look like you would need to do a custom report to get the information you are looking for.

ucod

Post by ucod »

Thanks for all your help. Got it done.