Attendance for youth on Sundays and Wednesdays

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FFMC Seattle

Attendance for youth on Sundays and Wednesdays

Post by FFMC Seattle »

Hello I am wondering if there is an easy way to track our attendance for the youth on Sundays and Wednesdays. Our youth is set up as 6-8 Junior High and 9-12 Senior High. They meet on Sundays as Junior High and as Senior High, and on Wednesdays as Junior High Boys, Junior High Girls, and Senior High. Would it be best for us to sort the kids into their respective grades and then to print out a roster for 6,7,8 and 9,10,11,12 for Sunday and again for Wednesday? Is there a way to print a roster for just the girls or boys of those grades (for Wednesday), and if possible to also combine multiple grades into one roster/group?

I know we can do this with 14 different rosters and a group for each grade, but I am trying to see if there is a way to do this with less rosters without creating more work for us down the road by bypassing the promotion capabilities of grouping them by their grades. Also, grouping them by grade will help us track when they are graduating from one group into the other. We already have activities set up for most grades, but are not using them. Any help or advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Using PCP 11.1 on Windows7

John Sakanashi
Administrative Assistant
First Free Methodist Church
Seattle

RevWJones

Re: Attendance for youth on Sundays and Wednesdays

Post by RevWJones »

Hi John, I am surprised no one has responded. We have a similar problem at SBC in Ypsilanti, MI. We have resorted to printing the roster and each class check student's present from there. We later enter these sheets into PC (ver 11.5).

If you can trust your leaders or a Secretary leading your Youth Church, give them access to enter the data for you on Sundays, that might make things easier for you. I realize this is not systemically what you're asking. Of course, by now you may have found a solution. If you have, please let me know what it is.

Thanks and I pray you are successful.

Rev. Wardell Jones

NeilZ

Re: Attendance for youth on Sundays and Wednesdays

Post by NeilZ »

FFMC Seattle wrote:Hello I am wondering if there is an easy way to track our attendance for the youth on Sundays and Wednesdays. Our youth is set up as 6-8 Junior High and 9-12 Senior High. They meet on Sundays as Junior High and as Senior High, and on Wednesdays as Junior High Boys, Junior High Girls, and Senior High. Would it be best for us to sort the kids into their respective grades and then to print out a roster for 6,7,8 and 9,10,11,12 for Sunday and again for Wednesday? Is there a way to print a roster for just the girls or boys of those grades (for Wednesday), and if possible to also combine multiple grades into one roster/group?
To break down your questions:
1. Yes, I would definitely break the kids down into their respective grades for the reason you mention below, you don't want to create more work when it comes time to promote kids to the next grade
2. As far as breaking down by gender ... not easily done. This could be a new request for the report filters, I'd send that request to wishlist@powerchurch.com. However, for these activities you could create an 'Activity/Skill' role of Boy and Girl, and use that instead of the generic 'Member' as many do. Then use that to filter the printed roster into gender.
3. Well, you can print the grouped grades, however the grades will be printed on separate rosters, not all together under one heading.
I know we can do this with 14 different rosters and a group for each grade, but I am trying to see if there is a way to do this with less rosters without creating more work for us down the road by bypassing the promotion capabilities of grouping them by their grades. Also, grouping them by grade will help us track when they are graduating from one group into the other. We already have activities set up for most grades, but are not using them. Any help or advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Using PCP 11.1 on Windows7

John Sakanashi
Administrative Assistant
First Free Methodist Church
Seattle
I could suggest using Powerchurch Check In and just check the kids in as they arrive.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.