MacOS Sierra 10.12

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Mt Moriah

MacOS Sierra 10.12

Post by Mt Moriah »

I see that you are officially supporting El Capitan 10.11. Has anyone else got the IDS client to work on 10.12 yet?

I formatted a new SSD for one of our church's 2012 MacBook Pro 13" computers, and so in the process, I let Apple "upgrade" to 10.11 Sierra. I downloaded the IDS client, it says Version 5.0.0.22222 (1), but it doesn't seem to connect to anything. I have another Mac that is not upgraded yet, so I can get by.

Chuck
Lakeside Regional Church
Hague, NY

NeilZ

Re: MacOS Sierra 10.12

Post by NeilZ »

Mt Moriah wrote:I see that you are officially supporting El Capitan 10.11. Has anyone else got the IDS client to work on 10.12 yet?

I formatted a new SSD for one of our church's 2012 MacBook Pro 13" computers, and so in the process, I let Apple "upgrade" to 10.11 Sierra. I downloaded the IDS client, it says Version 5.0.0.22222 (1), but it doesn't seem to connect to anything. I have another Mac that is not upgraded yet, so I can get by.

Chuck
Lakeside Regional Church
Hague, NY
My guess is that Apple broke something ... don't let the other one upgrade.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Our internal testing showed no problems after upgrading to Sierra. We just haven't updated the web site yet.

If you installed the IDS Client before the upgrade, uninstall and reinstall it to see if that fixes the issue.

Mt Moriah

Post by Mt Moriah »

This mid-2012 13" MBP got a completely clean installation on a new SSD. That's where I started from. Today, I deleted the PCO icon from my Applications folder. Then, I rebooted. I re-downloaded the Installation .dmg file from PowerChurch. I did the installation, and rebooted again (even though it doesn't prompt me to). I run the little PCO app, and I get the pop up window (as expected) with the "Welcome to PowerChurch Online" and "Close" or "GO". I hit "GO" but that's where nothing further happens. That IDS application does not launch, the way I am used to seeing it happen on a Mac. Next troubleshooting suggestion?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

It would be best that you give us a call in Technical Support. We are available at (800) 486-1800 from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Mt Moriah

Post by Mt Moriah »

For posterity, I called tech support and Thomas helped me out. He noted that someone else had this issue today, and simply uninstalling PCO and reinstalling it took care of the problem. It didn't work on my Mac. We ended up changing Permissions on a hidden folder to Read & Write, and that allowed the PCO app to "launch" the IDS software properly. Thank you!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Thanks for the update. For people searching the forums with this problem in the future, below is our internal support documentation for this problem which originally introduced itself (only with an error message) in the 10.11 "El Capitan" update.
First, choose Go > To folder and enter "/usr" without the quotes. Click on the "local" folder and follow the instructions in this article:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22196?lo ... cale=en_US

Before finalizing these changes, click the button with the gear icon and choose "Apply to enclosed items". This will ensure that all files and folders found inside the local folder (including those belonging to the IDS Client) will also receive the Read/Write permissions.

Mt Moriah

MacOS Sierra 10.13.3

Post by Mt Moriah »

I had this issue again on a MacBook Pro 13" 2012 model that I put an SSD in and updated it to the latest OS.

I had to do the Go -> /usr

Then I had to drill into Local then Lib. It was the "Lib" folder that needed to change the Permissions for.