Email Error

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fbctnc

Email Error

Post by fbctnc »

Power Church 12.2 Stand alone version
I am able to send an email within Power Church using this stand alone version

Power Church Online
I am unable to send an email within Power Church using the online version. I get the following message:

Error with Socket connect
Server certificate validation failed

I have had no problem sending emails within Power Church online until a few weeks ago.

Help.

Thank you.

NeilZ

Re: Email Error

Post by NeilZ »

fbctnc wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:55 am
Power Church 12.2 Stand alone version
I am able to send an email within Power Church using this stand alone version

Power Church Online
I am unable to send an email within Power Church using the online version. I get the following message:

Error with Socket connect
Server certificate validation failed

I have had no problem sending emails within Power Church online until a few weeks ago.

Help.

Thank you.
Usually if it has been working fine and has just started with this error, it usually means that your email host has implemented some additional security requirements. I'd check with them first.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

On the email setup screen, uncheck the "Validate certificates" option and if that is the cause of the failure, the emails should go through without issue.

Unfortunately, when there is a certificate problem somewhere in the sending chain, it's not something that can be resolved on your end or ours (since our certificates are not the problem)

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

For the online version of Power Church, I unchecked the validate certificates and the email works fine. Just do not understand why it works with validate certificates checked on the stand alone version of Power Church and not the online Power Church version.

Thank you so much for your help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fbctnc wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:24 pm
For the online version of Power Church, I unchecked the validate certificates and the email works fine. Just do not understand why it works with validate certificates checked on the stand alone version of Power Church and not the online Power Church version.

Thank you so much for your help.
The online version is going through the Powerchurch servers, while the one at home goes through your normal internet. Different layers of verification.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.