Sending group email

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bradkrupp

Sending group email

Post by bradkrupp »

I've been trying to use PowerChurch Plus version 14 online to send group email messages. I'm using a generic gmail account. None of the messages go through. I've reviewed the forums and think I have everything set properly. I'm using a Windows 10 computer with McAffee LiveSafe. When I go to the gmail account I get the following message:

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to gaylene_umich.edu@mt.powerchurchsoftware.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

I can see why it doesn't work but don't know how to fix it. Why does powerchurch add the @mt.powerchurchsoftware.com? Also why does it change the @ in the email address to an underscore. I would think if this was fixed the message would go through. Thanks in advance for your help.

NeilZ

Re: Sending group email

Post by NeilZ »

bradkrupp wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:11 pm
I've been trying to use PowerChurch Plus version 14 online to send group email messages. I'm using a generic gmail account. None of the messages go through. I've reviewed the forums and think I have everything set properly. I'm using a Windows 10 computer with McAffee LiveSafe. When I go to the gmail account I get the following message:

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to gaylene_umich.edu@mt.powerchurchsoftware.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

I can see why it doesn't work but don't know how to fix it. Why does powerchurch add the @mt.powerchurchsoftware.com? Also why does it change the @ in the email address to an underscore. I would think if this was fixed the message would go through. Thanks in advance for your help.
You have to remember that you're sending emails from the Powerchurch servers, and while that shouldn't cause an issue when using gmail, there may be something that is specific to how you're setup.

Since you're using PCPlus Online, I'd give them a call via their support line.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bradkrupp

Post by bradkrupp »

Thanks, they were able to help me out. Had to add the port number to the outgoing email server (smtp) for gmail - smtp.gmail.com:587

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bradkrupp wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:10 pm
Thanks, they were able to help me out. Had to add the port number to the outgoing email server (smtp) for gmail - smtp.gmail.com:587
Oh of course, that's the usual reason, I should have asked :(
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.