Two icons

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

palmersue

Two icons

Post by palmersue »

Yesterday i contacted tech support who walked me through installing the new ids client.
Today when I opened Power Church there are two icons instead of the usual one in the upper left hand corner. They both seem to be active.
Can one be removed?

NeilZ

Re: Two icons

Post by NeilZ »

palmersue wrote:Yesterday i contacted tech support who walked me through installing the new ids client.
Today when I opened Power Church there are two icons instead of the usual one in the upper left hand corner. They both seem to be active.
Can one be removed?
If they're both pointing to the correct directory and program, you can delete one from the desktop.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaina
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zaina »

The new client you should use is the one that looks like a white globe with green longitude and latitude lines on it. If the original icon is a white background with black and green bubbles, that is the one that should be deleted.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

OK .. then the install does not remove the old client or overwrite the old client ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

palmersue

Post by palmersue »

I apologize for not being more clear. I do understand that I am to use the new server icon. When I click on that, and then log in to power church, I now have two icons in the upper left hand corner. Does that make more sense?

palmersue

Post by palmersue »

Never mind! Today when I log in it goes directly into the program whereas in previous days I had to open with the icon...
Maybe I'm just losing it. :wink:

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

The new client should automatically launch PowerChurch and bypass the program window. It sounds like somehow the program window still got launched. The program window for the new client has two icons to start PowerChurch. They both launch the same program and you should have never seen them.

If you continue to see the program window, contact support. The short cut on your desktop somehow did not get set to launch PowerChurch automatically.

palmersue

Post by palmersue »

Thank you! That does explain it. I think it's ok now, at least it was yesterday!