Unable to save Picture Directory as pdf

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

hospitality

Unable to save Picture Directory as pdf

Post by hospitality »

I go through the steps to for creating a PostScript file of the picture directory, but it never shows up on my disk.

On my home PC, Running Windows 7, I log in to PowerChurch Plus 11.5. Then I follow these steps
In the left pane, under Quick Tasks > Membership, choose Reports - Family Mailing List
On the Reports - Family Mailing List menu, choose Selected Families with Pictures (Third from bottom), then Run

Don’t change anything in the Selection Criteria menu; choose OK
In the Report Options menu,
Clear All
Select Member and Friend
Uncheck Only Include families with pictures
Choose OK
The picture report is generated and comes up in Report Preview = Pictorial Directory
On this pane’s toolbar, the floppy disk icon is Save As
You have no choice of Export file type; choose OK

The program runs for over 10 sec, and then -- nothing. I search my whole disk looking for my output, but there are no new .pdf files, even in hidden directories (i.e. not in AppData / Local / Temp, where I expected)

Am I skipping a step?

NeilZ

Re: Unable to save Picture Directory as pdf

Post by NeilZ »

hospitality wrote:I go through the steps to for creating a PostScript file of the picture directory, but it never shows up on my disk.

On my home PC, Running Windows 7, I log in to PowerChurch Plus 11.5. Then I follow these steps
In the left pane, under Quick Tasks > Membership, choose Reports - Family Mailing List
On the Reports - Family Mailing List menu, choose Selected Families with Pictures (Third from bottom), then Run

Don’t change anything in the Selection Criteria menu; choose OK
In the Report Options menu,
Clear All
Select Member and Friend
Uncheck Only Include families with pictures
Choose OK
The picture report is generated and comes up in Report Preview = Pictorial Directory
On this pane’s toolbar, the floppy disk icon is Save As
You have no choice of Export file type; choose OK

The program runs for over 10 sec, and then -- nothing. I search my whole disk looking for my output, but there are no new .pdf files, even in hidden directories (i.e. not in AppData / Local / Temp, where I expected)

Am I skipping a step?
You're using Powerchurch Online, correct ?? Do you have the latest client software ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

hospitality

Post by hospitality »

Neil,

No, I don't think I am running Powerchurch Online. I'm using PowerChurch Plus, Version 11.5. It's running inside IDS version 3.2.1.4466, with host IDS-PC-3.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

hospitality wrote:Neil,

No, I don't think I am running Powerchurch Online. I'm using PowerChurch Plus, Version 11.5. It's running inside IDS version 3.2.1.4466, with host IDS-PC-3.
That's Powerchurch ONLINE ... because you're accessing it through the IDS client.

You may want to check this Knowledgebase Article on saving files from PCPlus ONLINE:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb.php?id=77&type=1

and this forum thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10340&p=31828

The thread talks about the MAC client, but I believe the Windows client has the same options.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.