Upgrade to Windows 8.1 makes powerchurch online UI unusable

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

vtz

Upgrade to Windows 8.1 makes powerchurch online UI unusable

Post by vtz »

Hello,

We've recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 8.1 (coming from windows 7). Unfortunately the UI of Power Church Online becomes distrorted and unusable.

When we produce a report and try to scroll down, the image becomes distorted (image 4), also navigating through the menu creates issues.
We do not have this issue with other applications that we use.
Please see album of screen shots.

NeilZ

Re: Upgrade to Windows 8.1 makes powerchurch online UI unusa

Post by NeilZ »

Did you download the IDS application to the new machine, or did you copy the setup program from another machine?

FWIW .. Powerchurch Online does include phone support .. it may be a good idea to call them.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

There are lots and lots of Windows 8 and 8.1 installs out there, including all of our computers here in the office. I think the problem that you are seeing is more of a clash with display drivers. We have had a few reports of that kind of problem on different Windows versions from the beginning of PowerChurch Online and different versions of the IDS Client.

That said, we are preparing an update to our servers which includes some compatibility fixes for Windows 8.1. Give us a call, and we'll get you set up with an updated client that may fix the problem you're seeing. If not, at least we can then hopefully gather some more information about your system so we can pass that information along to the vendor we use for the application publishing software.

We're available 9am - 6pm Eastern at (800) 486-1800.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

vtz

Post by vtz »

Hello, I've figured out what the issue was. As the laptop has a high DPI screen it distorted the program.

To correct this;
go to the IDS exe located in Program Files,
right click on the exe, go to properties,
then go to compatibility,
then check 'disable displace scaling on high DPI settings.

(I also changed the compatibility mode to windows 7, but I'm not sure this was necessary)

hope that helps with anyone who has this problem.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully it helps someone else down the road who might be experiencing the same problem!

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Interesting! We are aware that the IDS client does not handle DPI scaling properly (and this has been reported, and a fix is supposedly in the works). We've never seen it do that though - we've only seen the PowerChurch Online display stay the same size regardless of the DPI scale specified. I'm going to pass this along to our vendor so that can help them resolve this issue.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/