Win 7 and Win 8, Ie 8 and 9, web links not starting IE.

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sbattito

Win 7 and Win 8, Ie 8 and 9, web links not starting IE.

Post by sbattito »

We installed IDS client on both a Win7 laptop and a newer Win 8 laptop. Both users will be running background checks. They can both sign on and see the BG chk links but when we click on the link it does not auto open IE to the background check website. We tested on our Secretaries Desktop and Laptop with both users and it works fine. IDS clients are both set to run as Admin and have same permissions as on the working machines. :? :wall:

NeilZ

Re: Win 7 and Win 8, Ie 8 and 9, web links not starting IE.

Post by NeilZ »

sbattito wrote:We installed IDS client on both a Win7 laptop and a newer Win 8 laptop. Both users will be running background checks. They can both sign on and see the BG chk links but when we click on the link it does not auto open IE to the background check website. We tested on our Secretaries Desktop and Laptop with both users and it works fine. IDS clients are both set to run as Admin and have same permissions as on the working machines. :? :wall:
Powerchurch Online users have free, live support. Just call the Powerchurch Support phone number, much faster and easier.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

twarnock

Post by twarnock »

We're having the same problem here...

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

twarnock wrote:We're having the same problem here...
Again, if you're using Powerchurch Online, you have free, live agent support, give them a call. However, do you have the latest client installed ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

twarnock

Post by twarnock »

Called support. They suggested I uninstall and then reinstall the client. I was SURE I had already done that (although I may have just reinstalled it) but - that solved the problem! All good to go!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The components in the IDS Client/PowerChurch Online software that handle redirecting link clicks and file saving actions are separate programs that are installed and registered by the IDS Client.

If one or both of those things aren't working, it *almost* always points to those programs not being installed and registered properly.

Uninstalling and reinstalling *almost* always fixes it.