New IDS Client

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FBCMoyock

New IDS Client

Post by FBCMoyock »

I have installed the new Mac client on my Laptop with El Capitan 10.11. Seems to work great, HOWEVER, I am getting this error message on my desktop after installing the new client . I have Yosemite installed on this machine.

Check with the developer to make sure ids works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.

NeilZ

Re: New IDS Client

Post by NeilZ »

It does sound like there is a compatibility issue, whether its the client or something needs to be updated in the OS, is the issue.

However, as a Powerchurch Online user, you have access to free telephone support, I'd call Powerchurch directly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Called PC this morning. They downgraded me back to the previous version while they look for a solution. New version was tested on 10.10, but not working for me.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Must have been a problem with my Mac. Upgraded Mac to 10.11 and had the same issue. Wiped my system, did a fresh install of 10.10 and the new version works fine. Now waiting to upgrade to 10.11 on this machine as I found out the hard way that NEAT software is not 10.11 compatible yet.

beckyc

El Capitan?

Post by beckyc »

Hi,
Does power church online work with el capitan or not work with el capitan?

The download link says it will work, and the forum link says the issues with el capitan have been resolved.
But looking at the post below, he couldn't get the ids client to work. I have just tried on my laptop and I can't get it to work either.

So I would just like to confirm that it will not work with el capitan (or if it will work, where can I download the appropriate dmg file?)

thanks
Becky

NeilZ

Re: El Capitan?

Post by NeilZ »

beckyc wrote:Hi,
Does power church online work with el capitan or not work with el capitan?

The download link says it will work, and the forum link says the issues with el capitan have been resolved.
But looking at the post below, he couldn't get the ids client to work. I have just tried on my laptop and I can't get it to work either.

So I would just like to confirm that it will not work with el capitan (or if it will work, where can I download the appropriate dmg file?)

thanks
Becky
If you read the post above ... the problem was identified as the poster's local machine. I've not seen anything else on this, so I suspect that the latest executable can be downloaded from here:

http://mypowerchurch.com/clients/powerchurchonline.dmg

The download page has this note:
Please note: This client is compatible with OSX 10.7 and higher (INCLUDING 10.11 El Capitan) running on an Intel-based Mac (not a PowerPC).
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

beckyc

Post by beckyc »

Hi,
Thanks for all the help you give on this forum. You put a lot a time of time into following all these questions.

Yes I did see his issue but his last comment said that it was his machine but that the only way he could get it to work was to go back to 10.10 and get rid of El Capitan. So I wasn't sure if that could help figure why I can't get it to work on 10.11.

Thanks

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

beckyc wrote:Hi,
Thanks for all the help you give on this forum. You put a lot a time of time into following all these questions.

Yes I did see his issue but his last comment said that it was his machine but that the only way he could get it to work was to go back to 10.10 and get rid of El Capitan. So I wasn't sure if that could help figure why I can't get it to work on 10.11.

Thanks
Since you're using Powerchurch Online, you do have free phone support, I would suggest that you give tech support a call, they may have some additional questions and/or info.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.