Accounts Payable

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pessner

Accounts Payable

Post by pessner »

I appreciate help given to me on this forum. I have another question.

If I put the credit account number on the vendor's record so I run it thru the payables prior to payment, when I generate payment, will it post as a credit to cash and debit to payables?

Example: November expense received in December. Use due date of 11/30/2015, don't pay at the time it is entered. Generate check(s) sometime in December: Will the initial invoice ledger account #s post as the November date, and will accounts payable debit and cash account credit as of the date of the check?

Pat Essner
517-743-1504
Kilpatrick UB Church
Woodland MI

NeilZ

Re: Accounts Payable

Post by NeilZ »

pessner wrote:I appreciate help given to me on this forum. I have another question.

If I put the credit account number on the vendor's record so I run it thru the payables prior to payment, when I generate payment, will it post as a credit to cash and debit to payables?

Example: November expense received in December. Use due date of 11/30/2015, don't pay at the time it is entered. Generate check(s) sometime in December: Will the initial invoice ledger account #s post as the November date, and will accounts payable debit and cash account credit as of the date of the check?

Pat Essner
517-743-1504
Kilpatrick UB Church
Woodland MI
You set up the proper accounts on the vendor. This fills in the accounts so you don't have to worry about searching for the proper accounts when you're paying bills.

NOTHING will post until you post to Funds Accounting, it will use the date of the check when posting.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.