Mail Merge

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CBCmfm

Mail Merge

Post by CBCmfm »

I am trying to create a mail merge file. It says it save it to Z:\MailXLS. How do I access this file to use it?? I can't find it

NeilZ

Re: Mail Merge

Post by NeilZ »

CBCmfm wrote:I am trying to create a mail merge file. It says it save it to Z:\MailXLS. How do I access this file to use it?? I can't find it
Since you're using Powerchurch Online, the IDS client maps a bunch of drives for you. You can find out more about this here

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/77/ ... ving-files

What you need to do when you get to the OPTIONS screen that lists the File Name & Export Format is to click on the Choose File button. This will bring up a file dialog, so click on the Parent Folder button (the one that is a folder with an up arrow) to get to the list of hard drives.

The IDS client will map your local computer Hard Drives for you, and they are listed as Client C, Client D and so on, depending on what local drives, and any network drives you have mapped to your local computer.

Double click on one of the Client x drives, for example Client C then find the LOCAL location you want to save the mail merge file to. I usually use the users/Neil/Documents folder as its easy to find. You can then change the file name from the default of mail to something more user friendly like Mail_Merge_Mar12016. Click on Save, then click on the OK on the Options screen, and the file will then be saved on your local computer.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.