Can't print anything from Power Church online

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

csteinhart49

Can't print anything from Power Church online

Post by csteinhart49 »

What happened? I tried to print checks at church today on three different computers (all using Windows 10) and it won't print from any of them. So tried at home where our rep had set up another app that plays first before PC starts. He said this was a work around for PC not working on some versions of Windows 10. Previously, I could print with this app. But I can't print from my printer either today.

How do I get things to print - especially checks so I can pay the church's bills?

NeilZ

Re: Can't print anything from Power Church online

Post by NeilZ »

csteinhart49 wrote:What happened? I tried to print checks at church today on three different computers (all using Windows 10) and it won't print from any of them. So tried at home where our rep had set up another app that plays first before PC starts. He said this was a work around for PC not working on some versions of Windows 10. Previously, I could print with this app. But I can't print from my printer either today.

How do I get things to print - especially checks so I can pay the church's bills?
Powerchurch Online doesn't print directly to your computer, it creates a PDF file, that is then transferred to your computer.
It then calls Adobe Acrobat reader to actually print the file.

You may need to update Acrobat Reader on your computer, head to https://get.adobe.com/reader/ to get an update.

Also review this Knowledgebase article, it may help with the setup:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/76/ ... g-problems
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jerryrus

Post by jerryrus »

We are having the same issue. Power Church tech team can you speak into this issue?
This issue is happening on both Mac and Window machines.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jerryrus wrote:We are having the same issue. Power Church tech team can you speak into this issue?
This issue is happening on both Mac and Window machines.
First off, as Powerchurch Online users you have FREE phone support, so calling them directly is an option.

However, please check to make sure you added printers using the instructions in this article:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/85/ ... g-printers

Also, for Macs, there is this article that addresses some issues:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/78/ ... -mac-users

Again, if those articles do not help, you have FREE phone support so it makes good sense to use it :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

csteinhart49

Post by csteinhart49 »

Glad to know I am not the only one with this problem. It has just happened in the last week as I was able to print checks a week ago. Our counters couldn't print the bank deposit today either.

Now that adobe been mentioned, I don't see it creating a PDF file. Tech support what has been updated in the last week to cause this???

I was able to save the preview of the deposit slip to a pdf and print it. But that isn't going to help me with doing checks.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

csteinhart49 wrote:Glad to know I am not the only one with this problem. It has just happened in the last week as I was able to print checks a week ago. Our counters couldn't print the bank deposit today either.

Now that adobe been mentioned, I don't see it creating a PDF file. Tech support what has been updated in the last week to cause this???

I was able to save the preview of the deposit slip to a pdf and print it. But that isn't going to help me with doing checks.
Again .. you have FREE online support. I would give them a call tomorrow morning rather than wait for a response on a weekend.

However, the system DOES create a PDF that is then downloaded to your local computer by the IDS client, which then prints it, this has been the case from 2008. This is true for all printing from PCPlus Online. To verify this, when you open a print dialog from a report, click on change printer, you will see an entry for Preview PDF select that and print, and you will see the PDF that is created by the IDS server and sent to the client.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ACTS III

Post by ACTS III »

We had the same problem today... cannot print from PowerChurch. And does not work with the usual... Preview PDF. We were able to Save As a Word doc and then printed some reports, but this is not working with checks.
We will be calling Tech first thing in the morning. Everything is on hold.

Carl

Post by Carl »

We had the same problem this morning - were not able to print checks or a test page from Power Church online. I didn't try anything else, but was told that checks were printed successfully early in the week.

I really appreciate those who posted about this problem -- it helped immensely to know that it was likely not locally caused. After trying the usual things of removing and re-adding printers, editing printers, etc. I turned to the forum and realized that further effort would be wasted. Let's hope things are fixed tomorrow -- being on the west coast I'm hoping that it may be fixed before we even start to work.

Thanks, everybody.
-- Carl
P.S. the church computer is Windows 10 and didn't print anything in response to print test page. I just now tried it on my home Windows 7 machine. Printing a test page spewed out 15 pages of utter gibberish before I was able to cancel the job using the printer's own job cancel button. Maybe those who couldn't print at all had the better of the deal :D

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

OK .. one or two is local, four is not a coincidence, so I suspect that there is an issue on the Powerchurch servers. Since ACTS III is calling Powerchurch support, if you would, point out this thread so they know that its not a localized issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

KBoyd

Post by KBoyd »

Wanted to add that I cannot print anything from PowerChurch. We're using Online v11.55 and using Windows 10. Was able to print without issue on Friday 4/22, now unable to print anything - Reports, Checks, Test page from Printer Set-up.

Should we all call or check here during the day for a global response from Tech at PC?

KBoyd - North Raleigh Presbyterian Church, Raleigh, NC

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This is an issue on some servers at the moment. That is why it works for some people and not others. We are working on getting this functionality back up and running on the servers that are experiencing the issue.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

It appears that completely uninstalling and reinstalling the IDS Client software on your computer should get the printing back up and running.

Simply reinstalling over an existing installation will not do the trick, it needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled. That seems to be working for the computers we have tried it on.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

And this has finally been fixed, so the uninstall/reinstall shouldn't be necessary anymore. If you haven't already done so, disconnect from the server and sign in again to be sure.