problems configuring email

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

usguu

problems configuring email

Post by usguu »

I am having problems getting my email setup properly so that I can send reports and such from powerchurch online. When I do a test, it says a A successful connection was made. However, when I actually go to send an email, I get an error: 530 5.7.0 No STARTTLS command has been given.

I've tried all kinds of variations on the setups for server authentication, etc., adding port numbers, server numbers, ssl yes, ssl no, nothing seems to work. The other error I get is a connection error, socket rejected, or something of that nature.

Would appreciate any thoughts or ideas anyone may have.

NeilZ

Re: problems configuring email

Post by NeilZ »

usguu wrote:I am having problems getting my email setup properly so that I can send reports and such from powerchurch online. When I do a test, it says a A successful connection was made. However, when I actually go to send an email, I get an error: 530 5.7.0 No STARTTLS command has been given.

I've tried all kinds of variations on the setups for server authentication, etc., adding port numbers, server numbers, ssl yes, ssl no, nothing seems to work. The other error I get is a connection error, socket rejected, or something of that nature.

Would appreciate any thoughts or ideas anyone may have.
What ISP are you using? Also what is the server entry you are using? Do you have authentication turned on?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: problems configuring email

Post by Zorak »

Verify that you don't have user settings overriding the system defaults as well.

Go to File > Preferences > User Setup Options and click on the E-mail tab. It might be your settings on the System Setup Options screen are correct and are testing successfully, but there are user settings that are overriding the defaults when actually sending e-mails.