getting an error message

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Tammy/newlife

getting an error message

Post by Tammy/newlife »

anybody know how to fix this:
just installed powerchurch online...we have Windows 10. everything is ok on my login page...but we need our Ushers to have their own login to the computer....but when they try to click on the PC icon this is what we get: Program files (x86)\IDS LLC\IDS\client\ids.exe windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropiate permissions to access the item. At that point no one was logged into the system from anywhere.

NeilZ

Re: getting an error message

Post by NeilZ »

Tammy/newlife wrote:anybody know how to fix this:
just installed powerchurch online...we have Windows 10. everything is ok on my login page...but we need our Ushers to have their own login to the computer....but when they try to click on the PC icon this is what we get: Program files (x86)\IDS LLC\IDS\client\ids.exe windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropiate permissions to access the item. At that point no one was logged into the system from anywhere.
Where did you install the IDS client? I don't see a drive letter on that message, the installer defaults to installation on the C:\ drive.

I believe the installer defaults to granting everyone on the computer access to run the client if the computer's account is set as an administrator. If the person installed it does not have that authorization, uninstall then reinstall with an account that does.

However, if the installer was a computer administrator type account, then check the PC Online icon properties.

The TARGET line should look something like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IDS LLC\IDS\Client\ids.exe" -h online.mypowerchurch.com -hp 491 -a PowerChurchPlus

and the Start in line should look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IDS LLC\IDS\Client"

If neither one looks like that, uninstall the program, then reinstall it using all the defaults.

If that doesn't work .. you have free phone support, give the support line a call.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tammy/newlife

Re: getting an error message

Post by Tammy/newlife »

yes, it is on C: forgot to put that on. That could solve it. I talked to my tech guy who did put himself as the admin. He told me I have the access to everything that he can do....but maybe not. ;) I'm checking in with him on it...that might just do the trick. I installed from my log in page...I can access it of course but not someone from another log in even though the icon is there. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks Neil!