Information does not appear to be updating online

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BriBloom

Information does not appear to be updating online

Post by BriBloom »

Hi, I am a new Powerchurch online user. We moved our files over about a month ago. Only some of our information was able to transfer (computer crash prior to the transfer) so that last month I worked on reentering information from March and April. Yesterday one of our Board members logged in and could only see information up to February. I'm not sure if this is a user error, does the program automatically save the new information online? Or do I need to do some troubleshooting and find out what is wrong?

NeilZ

Re: Information does not appear to be updating online

Post by NeilZ »

BriBloom wrote:Hi, I am a new Powerchurch online user. We moved our files over about a month ago. Only some of our information was able to transfer (computer crash prior to the transfer) so that last month I worked on reentering information from March and April. Yesterday one of our Board members logged in and could only see information up to February. I'm not sure if this is a user error, does the program automatically save the new information online? Or do I need to do some troubleshooting and find out what is wrong?
I hope you didn't enter in any any local version of Powerchurch, as that does not update anything online.

You should be using the Powerchurch Online version, the icon for which is a green & white GLOBE.

I would NO LONGER use any local version of Powerchurch, in fact I would do one last backup of the local data, and uninstall the local version.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

BriBloom

Post by BriBloom »

Yes I am using PowerChurch online. I know because I'm on a computer that never had the local powerchurch installed. But also because it is the green and white globe with the words PowerChurch Online underneath.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

It may be that the new information you entered in March and April is still unposted.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:It may be that the new information you entered in March and April is still unposted.
Good answer ...
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

BriBloom

Post by BriBloom »

Zorak wrote:It may be that the new information you entered in March and April is still unposted.
No, it is still posted. I checked it on another computer and could see it so I believe it was the error of the elder looking at it. He may have been checking online donations, which we haven't updated yet, or he may have been looking at the non-online powerchurch.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

BriBloom wrote:
No, it is still posted. I checked it on another computer and could see it so I believe it was the error of the elder looking at it. He may have been checking online donations, which we haven't updated yet, or he may have been looking at the non-online powerchurch.
I would guess its the latter ... my advice above about uninstalling Powerchurch from all 'networked' computers, and deleting the desktop icon from the main 'server' computer should take care of that issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.