Local printer

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

umcofmac

Local printer

Post by umcofmac »

Now that I have switched to PowerChurch Online, I can't select my local printer to print reports or checks. Our networked printer is available, but it's a hassle to load a check into the copier to print. I have a laser printer connected to my computer, which I used to use to print checks, but that printer isn't on the dropdown of available printers. Is it possible to print to a local printer?

NeilZ

Re: Local printer

Post by NeilZ »

umcofmac wrote:Now that I have switched to PowerChurch Online, I can't select my local printer to print reports or checks. Our networked printer is available, but it's a hassle to load a check into the copier to print. I have a laser printer connected to my computer, which I used to use to print checks, but that printer isn't on the dropdown of available printers. Is it possible to print to a local printer?
It is possible, the printer has to be connected to the computer, or at least setup on the local computer. Then when you click to print, you should be able to see the local printer in the list when you click on the 'change printer' dialog.

That's the way it should work, however, you didn't list if you're using Windows or Mac, and there are some differences. However, with Powerchurch online you have free phone support, so I advise you to give them a call, as they can assist you much faster than trying to work on the forum.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.