Runtime Error in ldsRdCli.exe prevents saving files

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

luDuckUMC

Runtime Error in ldsRdCli.exe prevents saving files

Post by luDuckUMC »

In attempting to save report files of any type (XLS, PDF, etc), I receive the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files (x86)\IDS LLC\IDS\Client\IdsRdCli.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I'm running Windows 10 and it is fully up to date. I have uninstalled and re-installed the client. I've also downloaded and installed .NET 2. I continue to get the above error message. Any suggestions?

NeilZ

Re: Runtime Error in ldsRdCli.exe prevents saving files

Post by NeilZ »

luDuckUMC wrote:In attempting to save report files of any type (XLS, PDF, etc), I receive the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files (x86)\IDS LLC\IDS\Client\IdsRdCli.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I'm running Windows 10 and it is fully up to date. I have uninstalled and re-installed the client. I've also downloaded and installed .NET 2. I continue to get the above error message. Any suggestions?
Since you have Powerchurch Online, it includes free phone support. I would give them a call, as I suspect this will involve a bit more interaction than the forum can achieve.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

You should be able to fix this by right clicking the PowerChurch Online icon and choosing Run as Administrator.

luDuckUMC

Post by luDuckUMC »

Thanks to Zorak. Running the client as administrator worked.

ohchriste

Post by ohchriste »

I also had that problem, first with my desktop but I was able to save files to my laptop. Then some time later I couldn't do it with my laptop. I'm wondering what changed and why you have to run as administrator to accomplish such a common task.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ohchriste wrote:I also had that problem, first with my desktop but I was able to save files to my laptop. Then some time later I couldn't do it with my laptop. I'm wondering what changed and why you have to run as administrator to accomplish such a common task.
I suspect this allows the program to do a write or update that it may not normally have access to do. I suspect it may only be needed to be done once, not all the time.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This program registers itself as the default handler of the IDS file that is being transferred to the local machine. When you get the runtime error, it is because the program is no longer registered. In recent years, this has been happening most commonly after Windows 10 version updates. Running as administrator gives it the permissions it needs to be able to re-register itself.