Adding Accounting Data

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rosewoodcotn

Adding Accounting Data

Post by rosewoodcotn »

TL:DR - Can I upload our accounting backup from version 11.5 to PC Online or should I send it to the PowerChurch team through your website at http://www.powerchurch.com/support/data/ or email that as an attachment to data@powerchurch.com

Our volunteer treasurer has been continued using version 11.5 even after we purchased PC Online for the church office & counting team to use.
Our treasurer wants to use PCOnline now so I'm wondering how to import her backup data from 11.5 into PC Online. Do I have to upload/send her accounting backup file and our latest PCO backup file as I did back in November when we first switched from version 11.5 to the data@powerchurch.com or is there a way to import her accounting data into PowerChurch Online by myself?

If I have to send the Accounting module backup data from version 11.5 is it possible for your team to incorporate the data into our online program or do I also have to send the latest back up of the PC Online and your team will do it?

Sorry if this has been confusing.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Adding Accounting Data

Post by Zorak »

Has anyone else made changes in the Accounting side of PowerChurch Online (Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll) since November, or was absolutely all the Accounting work done in the desktop 11.5 installation?

If you are certain that no Accounting information has been updated, you can send us a new Accounting Files backup from the 11.5 installation. We will upgrade it to Version 12, and put an Accounting Files backup on the server for you to restore. In doing so, it would overwrite everything in the Accounting side of PowerChurch Online with that new information.

If you are uncertain about what work has been done where, or if you know that Accounting work has been done in both PowerChurch Online and the desktop 11.5, then don't send in the new data to upload. Restoring the data would cause a person's work to be lost. Not restoring the data would essentially cause the other person's work to be lost.

In that scenario, you would just have to weigh it out to determine which of those two options is less bad.

rosewoodcotn

Re: Adding Accounting Data

Post by rosewoodcotn »

Zorak wrote:Has anyone else made changes in the Accounting side of PowerChurch Online (Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll) since November, or was absolutely all the Accounting work done in the desktop 11.5 installation?

If you are certain that no Accounting information has been updated, you can send us a new Accounting Files backup from the 11.5 installation. We will upgrade it to Version 12, and put an Accounting Files backup on the server for you to restore. In doing so, it would overwrite everything in the Accounting side of PowerChurch Online with that new information.

If you are uncertain about what work has been done where, or if you know that Accounting work has been done in both PowerChurch Online and the desktop 11.5, then don't send in the new data to upload. Restoring the data would cause a person's work to be lost. Not restoring the data would essentially cause the other person's work to be lost.

In that scenario, you would just have to weigh it out to determine which of those two options is less bad.

Hi Zorak,

Yes the volunteer treasurer is the only person who has used the Accounting module in version 11.5. Accounting has never been used in PowerChurch Online. I'll ask her create an accounting backup and send it to your team.

Thank you!

- Raven