Problem with new version of IDS Client

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FBCMoyock

Problem with new version of IDS Client

Post by FBCMoyock »

Yesterday, Oct 9th, a new version of the client that is compatible with Mojave and Catalina was released (6.0.1.27682). I have tried it on 2 of my Macs and have the same issue on both. You have to place the cursor ABOVE the area you are trying to select.I sent this to support, but haven't heard back yet. Trying to see if anyone else has installed the update and having the same issue.

Once I get to my individual login screen I have to place the cursor above the typing are for it to highlight and let me type. Same thing with the user name. Once I get past that, I can’t click on File Edit Membership or any of the top level menu items. I have to click above them. Once I am able to select a function the next level menu seems to work, for example to select Fund Accounting under Accounting and then Modify unposted transactions. After that it’s back to clicking over the menu item you want to use.

NeilZ

Re: Problem with new version of IDS Client

Post by NeilZ »

FBCMoyock wrote:Yesterday, Oct 9th, a new version of the client that is compatible with Mojave and Catalina was released (6.0.1.27682). I have tried it on 2 of my Macs and have the same issue on both. You have to place the cursor ABOVE the area you are trying to select.I sent this to support, but haven't heard back yet. Trying to see if anyone else has installed the update and having the same issue.

Once I get to my individual login screen I have to place the cursor above the typing are for it to highlight and let me type. Same thing with the user name. Once I get past that, I can’t click on File Edit Membership or any of the top level menu items. I have to click above them. Once I am able to select a function the next level menu seems to work, for example to select Fund Accounting under Accounting and then Modify unposted transactions. After that it’s back to clicking over the menu item you want to use.
I'd call Powerchurch support directly so they can connect to your computers to see exactly what is happening. They can do more troubleshooting that way.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We've got a couple of different Macs around here for testing purposes. I have forwarded all your info along and we will do some testing and reply to your support email when we have some info for you.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Zorak wrote:We've got a couple of different Macs around here for testing purposes. I have forwarded all your info along and we will do some testing and reply to your support email when we have some info for you.
Is it possible to get a link to the previous version until you can get this resolved?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The previous version is 32 bit and won't run on Catalina, but yes, it is available here:

https://mypowerchurch.com/clients/power ... line_5.dmg

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Zorak wrote:The previous version is 32 bit and won't run on Catalina, but yes, it is available here:

https://mypowerchurch.com/clients/power ... line_5.dmg
Thanks. I haven't upgraded to Catalina yet, still on Mojave. I have too many audio programs that aren't compatible yet.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We have now tested for this behavior on both of our MacBooks (new and old) and can't recreate the issue you are reporting.

The tip of the mouse pointer and clickable area of the menu options line up pixel perfect.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

Zorak wrote:We have now tested for this behavior on both of our MacBooks (new and old) and can't recreate the issue you are reporting.

The tip of the mouse pointer and clickable area of the menu options line up pixel perfect.
I guess at this point I'll just have to wait to see if others have the issue. I installed the previous version and it is working perfectly.
I just installed it on an iMac running High Sierra and have the same issue.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

OK, I think I have identified the issue on my machines at least. I had to change the resolution of the display. On the laptop ('18 MacBook Pro) I had to change from Default to "More Space". That worked, less space would not. I switched back to default and it is still working. On the desktop I was on 2560x1440. I switched to 1080P and it worked, switched back to 2560 x 1440 and it is working correctly.

Just rebooted both machines and back to the original problem. Change the resolution and they work fine until a reboot.

TonyL222

Post by TonyL222 »

FWIW, one of our Mac users upgraded last evening and now multiple apps - including the IDS Client - will not work.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

TonyL222 wrote:FWIW, one of our Mac users upgraded last evening and now multiple apps - including the IDS Client - will not work.
No 32 bit apps will work if he upgraded to Catalina. Powerchurch upgraded the IDS Client app yesterday. It is 64bit and will work. You can read about my specific issue above.