Online Giving

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

angel1

Online Giving

Post by angel1 »

Good afternoon,

COVID-19 has caused us to look at giving differently. We recently signed up for Tithe.ly and I posted the contributions received based on the date that the contribution was made not deposited. I have since read your comments regarding not posting to fund accounting. Is there a way I can change this? Also what if the member covered the fees? We are using Powerchurch 12.5

Thanks as always,

Angel

NeilZ

Re: Online Giving

Post by NeilZ »

angel1 wrote:Good afternoon,

COVID-19 has caused us to look at giving differently. We recently signed up for Tithe.ly and I posted the contributions received based on the date that the contribution was made not deposited. I have since read your comments regarding not posting to fund accounting. Is there a way I can change this? Also what if the member covered the fees? We are using Powerchurch 12.5

Thanks as always,

Angel
If you already posted the Contributions transaction all you need to do is REVERSE that transaction in Funds Accounting. Don't do anything in Contributions right now as its not needed. In future, for online giving, make sure you have everything posted out of Contributions first, then enter the online contributions. When posting, and the Contributions Posting screen pops up, select the Post To Contributions Only selection. This will update the module.

When you get whatever report the service gives you about what was deposited and what fees were given, enter the transaction as shown in the listed thread below. PCPlus Online is no different than the installed version on this.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13956

As far as the member covering the fees, that should be covered if you do what is suggested in that thread when you finally enter the suggested transaction in Funds Accounting. I'm assuming that the service will send you a report about total given before fees, the fees subtracted, and the amount actually sent to the bank.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

angel1

Post by angel1 »

Thanks as always for your quick response. Sorry I should have posted this in contributions, will do better next time.

Angel

angel1

Post by angel1 »

Good afternoon Neil,

Does your reply also apply to PC Plus 12.5 regarding using Tithe.ly for online giving?

Angel

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

angel1 wrote:Good afternoon Neil,

Does your reply also apply to PC Plus 12.5 regarding using Tithe.ly for online giving?

Angel
V12.5 ??? I believe you mean 12.2

Any non-Vanco online provider as they don't directly interact with PCPlus will work much the same way.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

angel1

Post by angel1 »

Good morning,

Thanks again. Sorry I meant 12.2 :lol: