Time out & 2/3 paid leave with COVID-19

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
christybeth
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Time out & 2/3 paid leave with COVID-19

Post by christybeth »

1) Is there a way to extend the time out feature with PC Online? It has been timing out on me when I am not using it for a period and I would like to extend the time if capable. I did some searching in preferences but have not seen it there.

2) Do you have any quick solutions for paying some staff affected by COVID-19 with the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act? Some employees will be receiving 2/3 paid leave? Thank you for your assistance!

Christy

NeilZ
Posts: 9185
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:20 am
Location: Connellsville, PA
Contact:

Re: Time out & 2/3 paid leave with COVID-19

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:1) Is there a way to extend the time out feature with PC Online? It has been timing out on me when I am not using it for a period and I would like to extend the time if capable. I did some searching in preferences but have not seen it there.
I suspect that its the IDS client that is timing out. The reason for this is that you're connecting to a timeslice on the server if the server senses that you're idle for a period of time, you will probably be signed out. This is not unusual as it happens when you're using a browser to access a banking website. If you're idle for a period of time, it will ask first, and then if you don't respond you will be logged out. This type of setting has nothing to do with the program, and everything to do with the server settings. You may want to call your Powerchurch Online support line for more information on this.
2) Do you have any quick solutions for paying some staff affected by COVID-19 with the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act? Some employees will be receiving 2/3 paid leave? Thank you for your assistance!

Christy
As this is fairly new to all of us, I suspect there is no ready answer for this. By 2/3 paid leave it appears to me that they will be getting 2/3 of their normal salary. Does that sound correct? If so, you would just adjust each paycheck to reflect that gross amount.

So, if someone gets $900 a month, then they would be getting $600 instead, and when you Run Payroll, you would make that adjustment prior to finalizing the check.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 8:59 am
Location: PowerChurch Software
Contact:

Re: Time out & 2/3 paid leave with COVID-19

Post by Zorak »

NeilZ wrote:I suspect that its the IDS client that is timing out. The reason for this is that you're connecting to a timeslice on the server if the server senses that you're idle for a period of time, you will probably be signed out. This is not unusual as it happens when you're using a browser to access a banking website. If you're idle for a period of time, it will ask first, and then if you don't respond you will be logged out. This type of setting has nothing to do with the program, and everything to do with the server settings. You may want to call your Powerchurch Online support line for more information on this.
The timeout on the server happens after one hour of inactivity. That isn't customizable. If you are getting disconnected more frequently than that, it's likely a problem with the internet connection, or a problem somewhere in between your computer and our server.

christybeth
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Time out & 2/3 paid leave with COVID-19

Post by christybeth »

NeilZ wrote:
christybeth wrote:1) Is there a way to extend the time out feature with PC Online? It has been timing out on me when I am not using it for a period and I would like to extend the time if capable. I did some searching in preferences but have not seen it there.
I suspect that its the IDS client that is timing out. The reason for this is that you're connecting to a timeslice on the server if the server senses that you're idle for a period of time, you will probably be signed out. This is not unusual as it happens when you're using a browser to access a banking website. If you're idle for a period of time, it will ask first, and then if you don't respond you will be logged out. This type of setting has nothing to do with the program, and everything to do with the server settings. You may want to call your Powerchurch Online support line for more information on this.
2) Do you have any quick solutions for paying some staff affected by COVID-19 with the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act? Some employees will be receiving 2/3 paid leave? Thank you for your assistance!

Christy




As this is fairly new to all of us, I suspect there is no ready answer for this. By 2/3 paid leave it appears to me that they will be getting 2/3 of their normal salary. Does that sound correct? If so, you would just adjust each paycheck to reflect that gross amount.

So, if someone gets $900 a month, then they would be getting $600 instead, and when you Run Payroll, you would make that adjustment prior to finalizing the check.[/quote][/quote]


1) Thanks for both of the responses about the timeout. I'll make sure I stay more active so it doesn't time out. Too bad we cannot extend the 1 hour time to 2.

2) Yes, it looks like 2/3 of their salary for sick leave hours for some employees. We have some employees that can work a few hours around their kids being home from school while others are not working for other reasons listed in Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).

The FFCRA is new for COVID-19 and applies to hours April 1 - December 31, 2020. I had an accountant suggest that employers set up payroll codes to track paid sick leave hours. Is this something PowerChurch will be rolling out for us? Or do you have any suggestions on how to go about setting up these payroll codes properly. Depending on the leave, some employees may get 100% paid leave while others will get 2/3 pay. Since most of this money may be reimbursed to Employers we need to be able to accurately track that pay and hours.

https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ ... ederal.pdf is a link to the poster and https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandem ... paid-leave is a link to information and calculation of pay.

With so many changes right now I am trying to keep on top of it all and make sure next weeks Payroll runs smoothly. I'm sure many other Employers will be needing these payroll codes to make tracking hours easier. Appreciate any assistance during this crazy time! Also, sorry I haven't quite figured out how to make the quotes work properly but that's the least of my concerns right now.

Christy

NeilZ
Posts: 9185
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:20 am
Location: Connellsville, PA
Contact:

Re: Time out & 2/3 paid leave with COVID-19

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:] 1) Thanks for both of the responses about the timeout. I'll make sure I stay more active so it doesn't time out. Too bad we cannot extend the 1 hour time to 2.

2) Yes, it looks like 2/3 of their salary for sick leave hours for some employees. We have some employees that can work a few hours around their kids being home from school while others are not working for other reasons listed in Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).

The FFCRA is new for COVID-19 and applies to hours April 1 - December 31, 2020. I had an accountant suggest that employers set up payroll codes to track paid sick leave hours. Is this something PowerChurch will be rolling out for us? Or do you have any suggestions on how to go about setting up these payroll codes properly. Depending on the leave, some employees may get 100% paid leave while others will get 2/3 pay. Since most of this money may be reimbursed to Employers we need to be able to accurately track that pay and hours.

https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ ... ederal.pdf is a link to the poster and https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandem ... paid-leave is a link to information and calculation of pay.

With so many changes right now I am trying to keep on top of it all and make sure next weeks Payroll runs smoothly. I'm sure many other Employers will be needing these payroll codes to make tracking hours easier. Appreciate any assistance during this crazy time! Also, sorry I haven't quite figured out how to make the quotes work properly but that's the least of my concerns right now.

Christy
FWIW ... Powerchurch doesn't use 'payroll codes'.

What I would suggest is setting up separate Item Descriptions to cover the various salary options. This will give you the granularity you need to track what is being paid and from where.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Post Reply