unrecognized printers

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FFC

unrecognized printers

Post by FFC »

I'm preparing to print statements. Today when I go to print-setup to chose which printer I want to send them to in our office (on our internal wifi network), there appears to be at least 16 printers available -- but none of them are printers in our office (except for Foxit). Should I be alarmed? Where are these coming from? Since we are using the online version of PowerChurch, it concerns me that there is a firewall "door" open somewhere that is allowing all these printers to supposedly be available.

Brother HL-L2380DW series (from Hopefor
Canon_iR_ADV_C3525_3530_III (from Projects)
Canon_MF220 (from Projects-MBP.localdomain
Ennis_Printer (from Projects-MBP.localdomain)
Foxit Reader PDF Printer
FUNAI_KODAK_VERITE_65_PLUS (from Proje
Houston_Canon_C5550i (from Projects-MBPloc
HP_DeskJet_3700_series (from Projects-MBP
etc

NeilZ

Re: unrecognized printers

Post by NeilZ »

FFC wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:30 pm
I'm preparing to print statements. Today when I go to print-setup to chose which printer I want to send them to in our office (on our internal wifi network), there appears to be at least 16 printers available -- but none of them are printers in our office (except for Foxit). Should I be alarmed? Where are these coming from? Since we are using the online version of PowerChurch, it concerns me that there is a firewall "door" open somewhere that is allowing all these printers to supposedly be available.

Brother HL-L2380DW series (from Hopefor
Canon_iR_ADV_C3525_3530_III (from Projects)
Canon_MF220 (from Projects-MBP.localdomain
Ennis_Printer (from Projects-MBP.localdomain)
Foxit Reader PDF Printer
FUNAI_KODAK_VERITE_65_PLUS (from Proje
Houston_Canon_C5550i (from Projects-MBPloc
HP_DeskJet_3700_series (from Projects-MBP
etc
You have phone support with Powerchurch Online, I'd give them a call on this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FFC

Re: unrecognized printers

Post by FFC »

Worked on troubleshooting with a tech this morning. It was a bug they were aware of a few months ago, and they thought they had it fixed, but apparently it has popped up again.

As a side note, today when I look at the printer options in Power Church, none of the 16 from yesterday was there, but there was 1 new one that didn't belong.