Time out

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

christybeth

Time out

Post by christybeth »

Is there any way to extend the time before PowerChurch Online shuts down without use? I just spent well over an hour working on booking credit card expenses, walked away for 5 minutes and PowerChurch timed out and I lost all of that work that I was in the middle of. :x Thanks.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Time out

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch Online will disconnect you after an hour of inactivity. If you get disconnected in less time than that, it is either your internet connection dropping, or more likely the power saving settings on your computer turning off the wifi/networking hardware.

On a Windows computer, you can disable this by doing the following:

Open the Device Manager (right click the Start button at the bottom left of the screen and choose Device Manager)
Find the network adapter, right click on it and choose Properties.
On the Power Management tab, uncheck "All the computer to turn off this device to save power".

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

I followed the instructions above but when I got to the Network adapters and chose Properties, there was not a Power Management tab. A Network adapters window popped up with one tab of General and I could not select anything except OK or Cancel. Any other suggestions? Thanks!!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:51 pm
I followed the instructions above but when I got to the Network adapters and chose Properties, there was not a Power Management tab. A Network adapters window popped up with one tab of General and I could not select anything except OK or Cancel. Any other suggestions? Thanks!!
In the Device manager, when you find the network adapter, try to double click on the adapter, if all you see is what you told us above, its not the correct network adapter.

If you can let us know the names of the devices you're seeing under Network Adpaters
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

I am unable to double click on the adapter. Following is the list under network adapter:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
ExpressVPN TAP Adapter
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Realtek USB GbE Family Controller #2
WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
WAN Miniport (IP)
WAN Miniport (IPv6)
WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)
WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
WAN Miniport (PPTP)
WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Thanks again for your assistance!!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:20 pm
I am unable to double click on the adapter. Following is the list under network adapter:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
ExpressVPN TAP Adapter
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Realtek USB GbE Family Controller #2
WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
WAN Miniport (IP)
WAN Miniport (IPv6)
WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)
WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
WAN Miniport (PPTP)
WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Thanks again for your assistance!!
If you are connected using an Ethernet cable, click on the Realtech USB controller, if you're using a wireless click on the Intel Wireless.

Knowing how you're connected would also help.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpchurch

Post by fpchurch »

Thank you for this, the time out has been driving me crazy so came here to look for a solution and this worked! 8)