Login error: "The network path was not found"

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

cantoroso

Login error: "The network path was not found"

Post by cantoroso »

Hello! I successfully logged into my online client last night (and for the past year before that), but this morning, the following message pops up after an extended time on the "Running the global logon script..." screen after entering login credentials:

Windows Script Host
Script: \\pc-storage-1\logon\logon.vbs
Line: 36
Char: 2
Error: The network path was not found
Code: 80070035
Source: WSHNetwork.MapNetworkDrive

Then, after clicking OK on the above pop-up, a subsequent error message appears:

Windows Script Host
Script: C:\PowerChurch\pc_version.vbs
Line: 50
Char: 1
Error: The system cannot find the path specified.
Code: 80070003
Source: (null)

Here's a list of the troubleshooting I've done so far:
• Reboot computer
• Uninstall and reinstall client
• Download and run the suggested ids_permissions.exe file as instructed for this type of issue on the PowerChurch Online homepage (https://mypowerchurch.com)
• Attempt login with and without a VPN running in the background

Interestingly, logging into the Demo2 account DOES work, but it did not affect ability to log into the actual account I'm trying to access.

As I've been typing out this post and re-attempting in the background, a new variable has entered the mix: a third pop-up screen now shows up after the two mentioned above, but despite the content of the message, it seems to have no effect as I still can't log in:

IDS Server Update
( i ) An update has been downloaded and will be available the next time you run IDS Server

If relevant, I'm working on a Lenovo PC running Windows 11 Enterprise Version 22H2.

Any suggestions?

NeilZ

Re: Login error: "The network path was not found"

Post by NeilZ »

cantoroso wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:20 am
Hello! I successfully logged into my online client last night (and for the past year before that), but this morning, the following message pops up after an extended time on the "Running the global logon script..." screen after entering login credentials:

Windows Script Host
Script: \\pc-storage-1\logon\logon.vbs
Line: 36
Char: 2
Error: The network path was not found
Code: 80070035
Source: WSHNetwork.MapNetworkDrive

Then, after clicking OK on the above pop-up, a subsequent error message appears:

Windows Script Host
Script: C:\PowerChurch\pc_version.vbs
Line: 50
Char: 1
Error: The system cannot find the path specified.
Code: 80070003
Source: (null)

Here's a list of the troubleshooting I've done so far:
• Reboot computer
• Uninstall and reinstall client
• Download and run the suggested ids_permissions.exe file as instructed for this type of issue on the PowerChurch Online homepage (https://mypowerchurch.com)
• Attempt login with and without a VPN running in the background

Interestingly, logging into the Demo2 account DOES work, but it did not affect ability to log into the actual account I'm trying to access.

As I've been typing out this post and re-attempting in the background, a new variable has entered the mix: a third pop-up screen now shows up after the two mentioned above, but despite the content of the message, it seems to have no effect as I still can't log in:

IDS Server Update
( i ) An update has been downloaded and will be available the next time you run IDS Server

If relevant, I'm working on a Lenovo PC running Windows 11 Enterprise Version 22H2.

Any suggestions?
I would call the Powerchurch Online support line as they can help you directly without having to wait for a reply here.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.