IDS login failure

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Staudt

IDS login failure

Post by John Staudt »

When I run the IDS login script this morning, I get the following pop-up error message labeled
Windows Script Host:

Script: \\pc-ad-1\NetLogon\login.vbs
Line: 27
Char: 2
Error: No network provider accepted the given network path.

Code: 800704B3
Source: WSHNetwork.MapNetworkDrive

A window is then opened: Program Window on IDS-PC-1
But double-clicking on the PowerChurch icon does not access our church's data files -- it wants to start a new setup from scratch.

Is this a rather obtuse way of telling me that there are already two people logged on from the church? Or, is there some underlying problem here?

Thank you. -- John
-- John Staudt

snapper

Log on failure

Post by snapper »

I am having the same problem and I am the only user. I sent an email to tech support.
Thanks,
Snapper Mack

cccwnc

Same problem

Post by cccwnc »

I am having the same issue!
Angie Alden
Christ Community Church
Wilmington NC

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

We're really sorry about this. I just got off the phone with our colocation provider, and they informed me that their entire building lost power for about 10 minutes on Saturday. It's a long story, but the short version is, they were replacing the transformers that service the whole building, and the backup generator failed to start. They were running on battery backup while they got that fixed, but it took them about 10 minutes too long. They sent out emails announcing that this work was going to take place, but we were somehow not on their list to notify.

So, power is back up, and our server farm is running properly now.
We are on their notification list in triplicate.
We are implementing additional monitoring that, before this, would have seemed like overkill.

Again, we are very sorry about your downtime, and we're working to make sure something like this does not happen again.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/