Unable to Save A Report to C:Drive

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Matt
Authorized Teaching Consultant

Unable to Save A Report to C:Drive

Post by Matt »

I am assisting a church with PC+ and they have given me access to their PowerChurch Online account. I ran the Journal Report and then clicked the Save As icon to save the report to my C:drive. The only box that comes up is to select the Export File Type. The Filename box does not appear for me to tell the program where I want to save the file. When I click ok the message box says "Transferring file to local workstation". But I can't find where the file was saved on my PC. Any help would really be appreciated.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Try to uninstall your current IDS client and reinstall. Clear your browser cache then download the client from http://www.mypowerchurch.com/clients/ids-client.exe and install.

Check to see if the file C:\Windows\idsrdcli.exe exists. If not, copy idsrdcli.exe from C:\Program Files\IDS LLC\IDS Client\ into C:\Windows. Copy idsrcli.exe (located in the same place) into C:\Windows also.

If those files aren't created, then definitely give us a call. Otherwise, you should be good to go.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Matt

Post by Matt »

Thank you. I followed your instructions and I was able to save the report to my PC. However, there is still a minor problem. When I first go to save the file I get a drop down box asking what type of file to save it as. Once I select a file type and click ok I get a screen asking where I want to save the file to, asking for a filename, and a drop down box for the file type. However, the drop down box for the file type is blank on this screen. When I save the file it saves it as the file type I specified on the first screen but it doesn't put the file extension (e.g. .PDF) on the file. As a result when you go to open the file my PC doesn't recognize it and I have to tell it which program to use to open the file. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? I know I can change the filename to add the extension but I shouldn't have to do this.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Ok, that's weird. I'll look into it.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

pcu52536

files saved to C:drive without file extension

Post by pcu52536 »

I have experienced the same issue with files that I saved to the local drive being saved without a file extension. What's up with that? Has this been fixed yet?

FirstUUDetroit

Re: Unable to Save A Report to C:Drive

Post by FirstUUDetroit »

I'm having this same problem, even after clearing my cache and reinstalling the IDS Client. This is with pre-existing reports, not Custom Reports.

I can email reports, and they come through as pdf. But I would really like to have them as Excel files.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help.
Office Administrator, First Unitarian-Universalist Church of Detroit

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There really shouldn't be any difference in the process at this point, for online users vs. local users.

Bring a report up on the screen, then click the Save As button (the floppy disk icon). Choose Excel as the file type.

When browsing to a location to save the file, remember to go to the drives marked "Client". Your C: drive will be mapped to M:\Client C or something similar.

You won't ever be able to access files you save to the C: drive on the server. It needs to be the Client C, which is your local computer.

FirstUUDetroit

Post by FirstUUDetroit »

Okay, but the problem I'm having is that I can choose the file type, but there's nothing in the dialog box that lets me choose where to save it. If I choose the file type then click OK, a little window comes up that says "saving to local workstation," but I can't find anything on my computer. It doesn't show the file name, either, so I can't search for it.
Office Administrator, First Unitarian-Universalist Church of Detroit

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you have not yet done so, try uninstalling the IDS Client before reinstalling it.

Also, when connecting, make sure you are using the IDS Client to connect, rather than visiting mypowerchurch.com and filling in the user name and password fields. The browser-based IDS Clients are lacking some of the functionality of the program that runs on your computer.

If you still have problems with it, give us a call in Technical Support at (800) 486-1800.