Restricted access

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

glynnor

Restricted access

Post by glynnor »

Hi,

can I set up users within PowerChurch online with restricted access to certain sections.

eg. I, as Lead Pastor, do NOT want access to the donor data. In fact, I would like it restricted so that I cannot see it, even if I wanted to.

Can I set up such restrictions?

Glyn
Glyn

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Absolutely. Everyone using your account will share the same username/password to connect to our servers, but inside PowerChurch, you can specify usernames and passwords for each person and grant them access to the areas that are appropriate.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

pcu55303

Re: Restricted access

Post by pcu55303 »

how?
Please visit us at...http://www.htaj.org

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

EDIT: Oops! I just realized you are on PC Online. I have zero experience with that product. However, if a Help facility is available on it, I'd say the same advice holds as I gave below....

Well, we've upgraded to V11 and, unfortunately, I don't remember how it was in V10 (and don't have experience with any other version). All that said....

You have to be logged in as System Administrator to add users or change users' access to modules.

Your best bet is to click on Help, click on the Index tab, then enter Passwords. You should get all the instructions you need from that.

Hope this helps.
Eden
*Still* learning... and gratefully so!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

pcu55303 wrote:how?
You have to be setup as System Administrator (but if you have no users setup, then everyone is an administrator).

You should go into the File -> Preferences, and then select Passwords.

There you can setup the System Administrator's password. The USERID for the SysAdmin is defaulted so you can't change it from System Administrator.

You can then add users and give them passwords, along with permissions for the various areas of the program.

Eden - as you can see, there is no difference, as the program runs the same, only there is a another program layer between the user and Powerchurch so the differences are in the way it relates to the local computer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.