Problems using Mac with French Keyboard

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MarkGibson

Problems using Mac with French Keyboard

Post by MarkGibson »

We are trying to send out a group email, and at first I had trouble doing a copy and paste from another Mac program (Mail). I solved that by pasting in the text-only format (i.e. not in HTML). This is a bother, because the text is pasted in twice, but it is better than re-typing... I also have to remove a bunch of formatting characters, presumably because the Mac codes for quotes and other characters are different. I would have thought that the Mac client would have handled this kind of conversion...

Then I found that my Shift key was not being recognized, and so I could not get brackets or $ signs... I was able to get capital letters, but only by using the Shift-Lock key. I wonder if this is because I am using a French Canadian keyboard... Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

Thanks a lot!
Mark Gibson
Volunteer, Holy Trinity Anglican Church

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Problems using Mac with French Keyboard

Post by Zaphod »

Yes, that's exactly the problem. We had this reported to us recently, and we couldn't recreate it here at all until the customer mentioned she was in Canada. We changed the International settings, and suddenly ours didn't work either. You should also notice your number pad doesn't work as well. The same thing happens with Canadian English keyboard settings - not just French.

Unfortunately, the only workaround for this is to set your International settings to be US English. This has been reported to IDS and they said it's something they plan to address in an update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/