Cannot Save reports to Excel or PDF

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LarryF500

Cannot Save reports to Excel or PDF

Post by LarryF500 »

When I create a standard Accounting Report such as Accounting Fund Balances. I tried to save as an Excel spreadsheet. The program reported that it exported the report to the local PC, but it is nowhere on my PC. I set all the export parameters in PC OnLine for exporting data to use my Local C: drive (Drive N). Is there some other parameter that needs to be set?

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Cannot Save reports to Excel or PDF

Post by Zaphod »

There's a possibility that the IDS client may be missing a couple of files it needs to do the document transfer. First of all, make sure you have the latest version of the IDS Client installed - you can get it from http://mypowerchurch.com/installwin.html. Once you've installed that, run the following commands from the command line (cmd.exe)

copy "C:\Program Files\IDS LLC\IDS Client\IdsRCli.exe" C:\Windows\IdsRCli.exe
copy "C:\Program Files\IDS LLC\IDS Client\IdsRDCli.exe" C:\Windows\IdsRDCli.exe

Then, log on and try your export again. I just tested it, and it's working for me, so this is the only thing I can think might be different.

Also, this only works on Windows. It doesn't work for any other flavors of the IDS client. I'm assuming you're using Windows since you refer to your C: drive.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

LarryF500

Re: Cannot Save reports to Excel or PDF

Post by LarryF500 »

Thanks... file transfer now works :D
I had to uninstall the IDS client and download and re-install. The first file copied fine, however, IdsRDCli.exe does not exist on my PC.