Contribution Custom Report - Save excel to local disk

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Dave Gardiner

Contribution Custom Report - Save excel to local disk

Post by Dave Gardiner »

I am unable to save custom reports to the local disk. I chose the option of Excel version 5 as my output type - When I run the query I am told that a file named "QMF_namr of report" has been written - I have searched my "C" drive and cannot locate it.

I deleted my IDS client, cleared my browser cache, and reinstalled the client - to no avail I cannot find any setting telling me where to save the file.

Am I missing something

NeilZ

Re: Contribution Custom Report - Save excel to local disk

Post by NeilZ »

Dave Gardiner wrote:I am unable to save custom reports to the local disk. I chose the option of Excel version 5 as my output type - When I run the query I am told that a file named "QMF_namr of report" has been written - I have searched my "C" drive and cannot locate it.

I deleted my IDS client, cleared my browser cache, and reinstalled the client - to no avail I cannot find any setting telling me where to save the file.

Am I missing something
Check this forum thread, it has some tips that should help you out:

http://www.powerchurch.com/forum/viewto ... =23&t=3392
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Dave Gardiner

Post by Dave Gardiner »

Thanks for the tip Neil - however my problem persists. I have followed the steps in the thread several times - I am able to save standard reports to my drive - it is the excel spreadsheets created in custom reports that elude me.
Power Church reports a file named "QMF_name of file" has been created but no file exists on my hard drive with the name QMF in it.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Without a path explicitly entered, it should be in the folder where PCPLUS is installed. If you go to help -> about PC+ you will find where PowerChurch has been installed. Check that folder.

Dave Gardiner

Post by Dave Gardiner »

Jeff - What am I missing? I am using the online version - I cannot find any option for a directory for the spreadsheet created in the contribution custom report. When the spreadsheet is created I believe it is residing somewhere out in "Power Church land"

HOW DO I CHANGE THAT?

Dave Gardiner

Post by Dave Gardiner »

Iwent to Help>About PC+>system information and it tells me the program directory is C:/Powerchurch>PCPLUS10

My C://Powerchurch directory only contains PCPLUS9 a holdover from the "Pre Online days"

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

The file has been created on our server, but you don't have access to the folder. Your local "C:" drive is going to be either "M:" or "N:" to PowerChurch online.

Create a "reports" folder in your c: drive. i.e. c:\reports
In your custom report, under pick output type, change the filename to "m:\reports\qmf_report"

This should create the report on your local c: drive.

Note that PowerChurch online maps your first local drive as M:, the next drive as N:, and so on. So if you have a floppy or other drive before the C: drive, the M: will need to changed. For example, I still have a floppy disk as my A: drive, for me "M:" is my floppy drive and "N:" is my local C: drive.

Dave Gardiner

Post by Dave Gardiner »

Thanks Jeff - worked like a charm.