New Version 11

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Otto

New Version 11

Post by Otto »

Our church is pressently using PC On-line but I still use the PC Plus 10.4 program intalled on my computer for some work such as sending group mail, print reports and so on instead of tying up the online program. I simply use the downloaded backup from On line and restore in the computer based PC 10.4
What happens when On-Line goes to Ver. 11? If the backup will no longer supported in 10.4 will I have to pay for an upgrade to PC Plus 11 on top of the On-Line?
Otto.

NeilZ

Re: New Version 11

Post by NeilZ »

Otto wrote:Our church is pressently using PC On-line but I still use the PC Plus 10.4 program intalled on my computer for some work such as sending group mail, print reports and so on instead of tying up the online program. I simply use the downloaded backup from On line and restore in the computer based PC 10.4
What happens when On-Line goes to Ver. 11? If the backup will no longer supported in 10.4 will I have to pay for an upgrade to PC Plus 11 on top of the On-Line?
Otto.
There's usually enough of a database change that backups will not work on a previous version.

FWIW ... I don't believe you would be tying up the online program as it was designed for multiple users, much as a PCPlus can be networked and be used by multiple users.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.