OS barrier

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wvuuc

OS barrier

Post by wvuuc »

OS - Windows XP SP-3
PowerChurch Plus 11 On Line
just installed - have an upload problem
attempted to upload a photo to a personal profile
when I clicked on the directory on my hard drive where the picture resides, received this message:

"This operation has been cancelled [sic] due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I contacted me and neither of us know how to get around this problem. Some guidance would be appreciated.
Wayne Daniel, Board
West Valley UU Church
Glendale, Arizona

wvuuc

Re: OS barrier

Post by wvuuc »

The folder on which I received the error was MyDocuments. When I copied the pictures to the root directory C:\ I was able to access them from within PowerChurch Online.
Wayne Daniel, Board
West Valley UU Church
Glendale, Arizona

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wvuuc wrote:The folder on which I received the error was MyDocuments. When I copied the pictures to the root directory C:\ I was able to access them from within PowerChurch Online.
This sounds like a sharing permission issue on the My Documents folder. Considering Powerchurch Online is a Internet online application, it may be that the permission for that folder will not allow sharing outside a local network.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

wvuuc wrote:"This operation has been cancelled [sic] due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
Is that the exact message? even with the [sic]?
Tracy

wvuuc

Post by wvuuc »

Merriam-Webster sic (adverb) : intentionally so written —used after a printed word or passage to indicate that it is intended exactly as printed or to indicate that it exactly reproduces an original <said he seed [sic] it all>

Generally used to indicate that the person quoting a passage is aware that something within the quote is incorrect in spelling or usage.
Wayne Daniel, Board
West Valley UU Church
Glendale, Arizona

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wvuuc wrote:Merriam-Webster sic (adverb) : intentionally so written —used after a printed word or passage to indicate that it is intended exactly as printed or to indicate that it exactly reproduces an original <said he seed [sic] it all>

Generally used to indicate that the person quoting a passage is aware that something within the quote is incorrect in spelling or usage.
Actually, either spelling canceled or cancelled is permitted.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cancelled
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Thank you for the explanation of [sic].

The message you received, I get it when attempting to go to the "My Documents" shortcut when attempting to import a picture. This is correct. You are attempting to go to the "My Documents" of the online system. This is blocked.

The first drive found is mapped to M:. If there is an A: drive, this will be M:. Otherwise, the C: drive will be.

Depending on your local OS, the My Documents will be on the M: (N: on my box, since I have a floppy drive still). Replace <username> with the user in which you logon your local OS.
XP - M:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents
Vista - M:\Users\<username>\Documents
Win7 - M:\Users\<username>\My Documents
Tracy

wvuuc

Post by wvuuc »

Thanks, Tracy.
Wayne Daniel, Board
West Valley UU Church
Glendale, Arizona

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The article linked below explains the remapping of your local drives in a little more detail:

http://powerchurch.com/support/kb/kbvie ... icle_id=78