Can Background Checks Sync Between Membership and Payroll

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LarryF500

Can Background Checks Sync Between Membership and Payroll

Post by LarryF500 »

Hi... we recently started using the Background Check feature through Protect My Ministry. The Background Check works beautifully through the Membership module. (Thanks! This is a great feature!) Is there a way to link the Background Check display in the Payroll Module to the one in the Membership module so that a Background Check recorded in the Membership Module will also display in the Payroll record? I have entered the person's Envelope number in both places as that seems to be the only link between the two modules, but I can only record the background check in the Payroll Module manually. Thanks for any help.
- Larry F.

NeilZ

Re: Can Background Checks Sync Between Membership and Payroll

Post by NeilZ »

LarryF500 wrote:Hi... we recently started using the Background Check feature through Protect My Ministry. The Background Check works beautifully through the Membership module. (Thanks! This is a great feature!) Is there a way to link the Background Check display in the Payroll Module to the one in the Membership module so that a Background Check recorded in the Membership Module will also display in the Payroll record? I have entered the person's Envelope number in both places as that seems to be the only link between the two modules, but I can only record the background check in the Payroll Module manually. Thanks for any help.
- Larry F.
The system won't do that automatically as there are no real links from the Payroll module to the Membership module. Even the envelope number is not an association with the Membership module, but with the Contributions module.

There are usually more members who would need background checks as volunteers, along with the fact that not all employees are members of the church.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.