new field

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dynamite_the_only

new field

Post by dynamite_the_only »

I now have powerchurch 11 - Yeah!

I would like to put a field in the database for each person to reflect whether or not they have a police check on file.

Also is there an alarm feature on version 11 - that allows me to know when one is due?

thank you.
Jacquie Pounden, Secretary
Grace Christian Reformed Church

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: new field

Post by Zorak »

The background checks are tracked on the Maintain Personal Profiles screen for each adult that is a member of an activity that is marked "Adults in this activity require a background check".

There is a report that will show you background checks that are coming due and also an option that you can turn on in the PowerChurch Today window to show that as well.

dynamite_the_only

sorry i'm not seeing where that is.

could you do the step by step?

thank you

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This should give you all the details you need (From the V11 manual):

Performing background checks
PowerChurch Plus allows you to track background checks for adults in specific activities and employees in Payroll. This allows you the piece of mind of knowing the history of those working with children or counting money. The functionality is specifically written to work directly with Protect My Ministry (http://www.protectmyministry.com), but you can record background check dates from other providers.

The following topics discuss the setup and usage of the background check functionality.

Setting Preferences
The beginning of the Background Checks setup process takes place under the File > Preferences > Background Checks menu option.

Here, you define the frequency of background check required, in years. For example, if you need to have background checks updated every two years, specify Background checks need to be reverified every: 2 years.

The rest of the fields on this screen are specific to those using Protect My Ministry (http://www.protectmyministry.com).

The following fields are use system-wide:
♦ Organization ID. The ID assigned by Protect My Ministry for your organization.
♦ Organization Password. The password for your Protect My Ministry account.

The following fields are user-specific:
♦ User Name. The PowerChurch Plus user name will be shown here.
♦ User E-mail Address. Enter the e-mail address that you would like to associate with this account at Protect My Ministry.
♦ Register button. If you have not yet done so, click the Register button to associate the e-mail address listed above with Protect My Ministry. Each user's e-mail address must be registered with Protect My Ministry before the Add, Delete, or View Background Checks buttons will activate.

Allowing User Access
Access to add, delete, or view background checks is granted on a per-user basis in PowerChurch Plus. This is done under the File > Preferences > Passwords screen. Click the User Profiles button. On the Membership tab, check the Background Check option to the right of the Personal Profiles row. For access to employee background checks in Payroll, click on the Accounting tab and check the Background Check option box. The user must have a minimum of Add/Change rights in Personal Profiles and Payroll to access the background checks.

Note: You must be logged in as System Admin to change user permissions. For more information, refer to Users and Passwords.

Defining Activities
Each activity defined in PowerChurch Plus allows you to designate a background check requirement. For example, in the case of Nursery volunteers, you could add each of the volunteers as members of the Nursery activity, with a role of Volunteer. Using this example, you would specify that the Nursery activity requires background checks. You could also set up activities for groups such as money counters, office staff, and other volunteers.

This is controlled on the Maintain Activity/Skill Descriptions screen, under the General tab. The option reads Adults in this activity require a background check.

Background Check Controls
In Membership, the background check controls are shown on the Maintain Personal Profiles screen, under the Profile Information tab. This will only be displayed if the current user of PowerChurch Plus has been given access to background checks in Personal Profiles and the current profile is a member of an activity that requires background checks.

In Payroll, the background check controls are shown on the Maintain List of Employees screen, under the Payroll Information tab. This will only be displayed if the current user of PowerChurch Plus has been given access to background checks in Payroll.

Use the Add , Delete , or View buttons to interact with the Background Checks system. If you are using Protect My Ministry as your background check provider, PowerChurch Plus will launch your web browser, where the Protect My Ministry site will take over the request. If you are not using Protect My Ministry, the View button will not be available and you will simply be recording the date of the last background check.

Adding to PowerChurch Today
To help keep your background checks up to date, PowerChurch Plus allows you to display background checks needed in the next thirty days on the PowerChurch Today window. Refer to User Setup Options for more information.

dynamite_the_only

thank you I am not in posession of the book right now the Treasurer has it.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

No problem. This was actually copied from the CHM help file that you can access in the program from under Help > Contents.