CHANGING CONTRIBUTION DATE ON POSTED CONTRIBUTIONS

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Ncorrea

CHANGING CONTRIBUTION DATE ON POSTED CONTRIBUTIONS

Post by Ncorrea »

Hi. I need help.

For the life of me, I can't remember how to fix this problem.
I posted a contribution that should have been for January and entered it in a current date (10/11/10).
How can I go back to a posted contribution date and put the correct date; without having to do all of the entries all over again? :(

NeilZ

Re: CHANGING CONTRIBUTION DATE ON POSTED CONTRIBUTIONS

Post by NeilZ »

Ncorrea wrote:Hi. I need help.

For the life of me, I can't remember how to fix this problem.
I posted a contribution that should have been for January and entered it in a current date (10/11/10).
How can I go back to a posted contribution date and put the correct date; without having to do all of the entries all over again? :(
OK what I'm about to cover assumes you are talking about entries under the Contributions module. If you're talking about Contribution entries in Funds Accounting, then that's a completely different issue.

Well ... how many contributions are there ?? If only a few then it shouldn't take all that long, if there are a lot, then you have to set aside some time:

You can fix the individual contributors. These instructions are for v11: You would go into the View Posted Contributions module in Contributions, look up the individual contributor, highlight the incorrect entry, then click the Reverse button. This would fix the Contributions database by adding a negative amount to remove that incorrect entry. You would then go into Enter Contributions select the correct date, select the contributor, and enter the proper Contribution Fund and amount to credit.

You can do one thing first (reverse the incorrect entry) and take notes on amount and envelope number, then do the corrected entry afterwards so you won't have to switch back and forth.

Just a heads up, since this is more a Contributions issue, not a Powerchurch Online only issue, it normally would be entered under the Contributions forum.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.