Problems with Google Calendar sync

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

navfox

Problems with Google Calendar sync

Post by navfox »

When I sync the "powerchurch" software calendar with the Google calendar, only the events for Sunday & Wednesdays shows up.
(I have deleted the events on the Google calendar twice so I could start over from the beginning. Then tried the sync again. I get the same results. I have doubled checked everything I can think of, but nothing is different for events that show up and events that do not.)

NeilZ

Re: Problems with Google Calendar sync

Post by NeilZ »

navfox wrote:When I sync the "powerchurch" software calendar with the Google calendar, only the events for Sunday & Wednesdays shows up.
(I have deleted the events on the Google calendar twice so I could start over from the beginning. Then tried the sync again. I get the same results. I have doubled checked everything I can think of, but nothing is different for events that show up and events that do not.)
Are all the events listed as 'church wide events' ?? If not, I believe they will not be synced to Google.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Church wide events get posted to the default calendar. Events associated with Activities are posted the the Activity sub calendar. The Maintain Descriptions in the Activities, Setup menu has an Events tab to set up these sub calendars.
Tracy

garygaryj

Post by garygaryj »

Does PC+ Online sync with Google Calendar yet?
If not, is there a plan to make that happen, and is it scheduled for this year?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch Online does have the Google Calendar sync. That was a feature added in Version 11 of PowerChurch Plus, so PowerChurch Online has had that for a couple of years now.

garygaryj

Post by garygaryj »

Thanks much.
You may want to update the online Help Contents then, which says it is not available. Could not upload my screen shot for some reason.

Also -
Just wondering here, as I am a new user to PC+ online... wondering if I can assume all Maintenance Releases are including PowerChurch Online, unless specifically noted?

Thanks again in advance.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

garygaryj wrote:Thanks much.
Just wondering here, as I am a new user to PC+ online... wondering if I can assume all Maintenance Releases are including PowerChurch Online, unless specifically noted?

Thanks again in advance.
MRs are for the PC Plus program itself, since you're using PC Online, these are done by the staff, no action is required by the users.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

garygaryj

Post by garygaryj »

I did not mean the action of doing a maintenance release, but rather the results of the software changes...

Can I assume all of the maintenance release software changes are reflected in the PC+ Online, unless otherwise stated?

Thanks.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Yes, PC Online receives all Maintenance Releases the morning after they are published.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Also, what it says in the manual is that automatic sync (adding the pcgsync.exe program to the Task Scheduler in Windows) is not available in PowerChurch Online. You can still use the menu option to manually run the sync.